We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

saint aubon tea plantation - a nice place for short stay?

Cirencester, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
saint aubon tea plantation - a nice place for short stay?

HI, I'm wondering if anyone has been here and whether it could be a good spot to spend a couple of nights? I know they have a restaurant and are part of a tea circuit tour - so could go and do that during a day - but I see they have rooms too. Thanks!

Escale Creole
££ - £££, Cajun & Creole
Sunshine Fusion
£, Indian, Seafood, Asian
La Table du Chateau
££££, Seafood, French, Cajun & Creole
UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
43,547 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: saint aubon tea plantation - a nice place for short stay?

I think this is owned by Bois Cherie tea company. Its on the south coast west of Riviere des Anguilles.

Not sure it has rooms though? Try lesaintaubin@intnet.mu for information on this.

Cheers

Bronia :)

Cirencester, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: saint aubon tea plantation - a nice place for short stay?

Hi, Yes, that's right. I've found the site and turns out they're doing rooms now (4). The pics are lovely, and they have a small pool - so am wondering if that might be our excursion inland for an overnight, or if it's just better to visit during the day (esp if we're at la gaurette).

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
Level Contributor
19,172 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: saint aubon tea plantation - a nice place for short stay?

St. Aubin is a lovely place to visit, the Creole house, gardens, vanilla house and best of all IMO the rum distillery! with free sampling and you can buy cocktails at the bar, very pleasant.

Cheers

Mazza

4. Re: saint aubon tea plantation - a nice place for short stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 06:33