We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indian Ruppe to Mauritus Rupee

Amritsar, India
Level Contributor
87 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Indian Ruppe to Mauritus Rupee

Hi,

We are travelling to Mauritius this June on a family vacation and need some guidance on currency conversion.

Shall I first buy USD and then convert it to MUR at airport or will Indian Rupee conversion be a better deal at the airport?

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,385 posts
1,663 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Indian Ruppe to Mauritus Rupee

Jus change your Indian Rupees to Mauritian rupees at the airport in Mauritius.

The $ has no special significance in Mauritius and you will lose out by converting your money twice.

Check out xe.com for latest currency conversion rates.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
37,617 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Indian Ruppe to Mauritus Rupee

Also check out www.shibanifinance.com for latest exchange rates. Chance at airport as Preston suggests,

Best wishes,

Bronia :)

3. Re: Indian Ruppe to Mauritus Rupee

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 18 May 2009, 08:56
4. Re: Indian Ruppe to Mauritus Rupee

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 May 2009, 09:05
5. Re: Indian Ruppe to Mauritus Rupee

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 21 May 2009, 03:04
uk
Level Contributor
258 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Indian Ruppe to Mauritus Rupee

Hello IndiaGoesGlobal

There is no point in changing your Indian rupee into USD$ before departure, no benefit whatsoever.

Change your curency into M Rupee in MRU arrivals Hall, after p/port and customs control just before the exit, there are a few bureau de change desk,s there all touting for your business- Shibani & Barclays inc. Their rate is usually IME better and commission free !

Hope you have a great family vacation in Mauritius

Regards

Saffi

Coromandel
Level Contributor
111 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Indian Ruppe to Mauritus Rupee

Hello

Banks do not deal in indian rupees at their Forex bureau, so would advise you to bring hard currencies such as the USD and EURO.However You can use your visa/mastercard/amex/diners credit card to obtain mauritian rupees at ATMS across the island.

Amritsar, India
Level Contributor
87 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Indian Ruppe to Mauritus Rupee

Kaspi,

Will INR not be converted to MUR at the airport ? Is that what you are saying?

If Yes, I think you maybe be right. My travel agent told me the same and asked me to either carry USD or use the ATM.

I would stil prefer if someone can let me know about the actual thing.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
37,617 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Indian Ruppe to Mauritus Rupee

Might I suggest you email shibani finance a leading foreign exchange Mauritian company on www.shibanifinance.com

They will be able to give you a definitive answer and they are very good at replying to any queries.

Regards,

Bronia :)

Amritsar, India
Level Contributor
87 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Indian Ruppe to Mauritus Rupee

Thanks for efforts Bronia and everyone. Appreciate your help here. I will mail them and keep you all posted :)

Regards

Yogesh