We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in Mauritius in July/August

Reading
2 posts
Save Topic
weather in Mauritius in July/August

Could someone please tell me what the temperatures are really like on the west coast of Mauritius in July/August? we are being put off by info that says the average temperatures are 24 degrees max and could be as cool as 17 degrees. Do people still sit on the beach/go in the sea during these months?? Thanks very much.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
37,043 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in Mauritius in July/August

Hi Wokers,

I've been in July and August and although the wind on the east and south coasts is at its strongest then, making it feel cooler at times, the west coast is realatively sheltered from these south easterlies so it feels warmer.

Sea temps are a bit cool though, but once in its fine. People sunbathe and swim. 24C is not that cool.

I find the winter months better, being more like a good English summer, as the summer months are very hot, very humid and rainy with high risk of tropical storms and cyclones.

A good site to compare and contrast weather is

world-weather-travellers-guide.com/weather-i…

Click on to Mauritius in the left hand column, an bear with the site as its sometimes temperemental.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
37,043 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in Mauritius in July/August

world-weather-travellers-guide.com

Reading
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in Mauritius in July/August

Thanks Bronia, that's really helpful - that was a good site you suggested too. Looks clear that the western coast towards the end of August might be our best bet. I know there's much more to do in Mauritius than sit on the beach, but didn't want to be 'cold' on holiday!! Very grateful for your help - thanks again, Wokers.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
37,043 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather in Mauritius in July/August

You are welcome! Have a lovely holiday in Mauritius.It really is a unique destination and you'll love it!

Any further help just let us know!

Regards

Bronia :)

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
Level Contributor
17,776 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather in Mauritius in July/August

Hi

Yes that weather website is really good.

You mentioned as cool as 17 degrees - this would be night time temps, and the evenings can get a bit cool once the sun goes down, although must say no sign of it doing so on our very recent trip - back yesterday - the warmest evenings we have ever experienced there.

The world's weather is changing and Mauritius is no exception. The locals tell us that winter is starting later and finishing earlier now.

Best wishes

Mazza :-)

6. Re: weather in Mauritius in July/August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2009, 05:22