We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heritage Golf & Spa Resort

DEVON
Level Contributor
81 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Heritage Golf & Spa Resort

Planning to take the wife to mauritius next may for her 50th birthday and was thinking on staying at the Heritage Golf & Spa Resort but i have been informed that there is no shops/towns or any thing else in walking distance near by and as we like to get out and about we would be very limited for things to see and do.What i would like to know is this correct and if so can you suggest a hotel where were there is a town but the hotel does need to be simular to the Heritage Golf & Spa Resort.

Thanks in advance,

Chopper

DEVON
Level Contributor
81 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heritage Golf & Spa Resort

Some one must know some thing????????????

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
39,095 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heritage Golf & Spa Resort

Chopper,

Most hotels in Mauritius are not within walking distance of a town. You need public or private transportation. The only one I can think of offhand which is top class is The Royal Palm at Grand Baie.

Its Beachcombers flagship hotel and one of the best on the island and you can actually walk into Grand Baie with all its shops, bars and resaurants. Heritage is indeed lovely but very isolated, as are most of the 4/5* hotels on the east coast.

Look at www.beachcomber-hotels.com

If golf is a priority then I suggest you look at some of the east coast hotels like Belle Mare Plage.

www.bellemareplagehotel.com

But its isolated.West you have the Hilton, Sofitel, Maradiva worth looking at. But you still need transport.

Why not hire a car?

Bronia

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
39,095 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heritage Golf & Spa Resort

Chopper,

Also check the list of hotels I gave you on the 29th April? There must be something that catches your eye?

Bronia

4. Re: Heritage Golf & Spa Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 December 2009, 05:20