We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

entry fee

Whiston, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
entry fee

travelling on 13 june told by kuoni have to pay 60 pounds entry fee for two of us is this right

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
Level Contributor
18,033 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: entry fee

No this is not right. You have to fill in an immigration form and a health declaration but there's no charge.

Mazza :-)

Edited: 27 May 2011, 21:51
UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
37,494 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: entry fee

Entry fee for what exactly?

Whiston, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: entry fee

Entry fee to enter the country. A few countries do this as you go through passport control. Had a letter from Kuoni saying it comes into force as from June 1st, just wondering if it was true and not another way of getting more money out of you. Thanks for your info Mazza.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
37,494 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: entry fee

I have heard nothing whilst in Mauritius recently, nothing has been reported in the Mauritian press and if true then its a retrograde step as they are trying to attract not deter tourists.

No one seems to know anything about this. There is nothing on the governnment website or the MTPA site either. They are keeping this very quiet if they have only informed Kuoni.

I am waiting for replies to email re this, but up to now no one has heard anything........................

I for one will be peeved as I travel frequently to Mauritius as I have a home there.

Bronia

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,033 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: entry fee

Jordans1958, I'm aware some countries make a charge, Egypt, China and Bali for instance but not in the region of £30 per person. Have Kuoni sent you a letter?

Agree with your Bronia that it is a retrograde step if true. I've also done some searching and can find nothing.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
37,494 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: entry fee

Maz I found something on MKs site but its confusing and refers to departure tax to promote tourism and Terminal expansion fees? It doesnt make sense to me. Take a look?

Bronia x

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
37,494 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: entry fee

If anyone can make sense of the info we would be grateful!

www.airmauritius.com

Go to Travel Info then Before you Travel and then Passenger Fee.

Thanks

Bronia

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,033 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: entry fee

Read and re-read this Bronia, seems an increase (almost double) from 1.6.11 on existing Passenger Fees. Could this be a charge by AirMauritius? and Kuoni passing on the whole amount? Like you am completely puzzled.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
37,494 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: entry fee

No. It says on flights originating outside MRU so this could technically include a UK-MRU-UK flight? Catch all?

A Mauritian friend just did a mock booking with MK for June and they cant see anything different unless hidden in airticket (as usual)

Jordans I would get back to Kuoni and ask them to explain this in writing.

Bronia :)

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
37,494 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: entry fee

Another friend just phoned Air Mauritius and was told that this will be added to ticket prices paid for from 6th June 2011. Thats very underhand and I for one will be writing to the Minsisty of Tourism. Nothing in the press. They sure know how to NOT promote tourism......................................................!

I also just checked my E ticket for September and the airport improvement tax is included as from November as they said on MKs website. Another stealth tax...

So I would pay for your holiday before 6th June if you can and save £60.00.

Bronia :(

Edited: 28 May 2011, 16:05