We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car rental

Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
car rental

Hi I am coming to Maurituis in October and want to hire a car for three days. is it cheaper to hire a car once we get there or pre book a car I have been quoted £78 for 3 days car hire.

I am staying at Le Tropical and the pick up is in Curepip does anyone know how far that is from my hotel.

Any good local tours operators for boat trips. When we came 14 years ago we wnet on a boat trip with fish meal to an island cant remember where we booked it from or what price you can pay for a trip like this?

thanks ,Mark

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
37,053 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car rental

Hi Mark,

You have to pick the car up from Curepipe??

Thats in the centre and you are on the east coast. A long way away....

Don't the company deliver to your hotel?

As for boat trips, wait until you arrive in Mauritius. Lots of choice you really don't need to prebook.

Bronia :)

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
Level Contributor
17,780 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car rental

The car hire company really should deliver the car to you, going to Curepipe to collect is not the best idea..

Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: car rental

thanks it was because I tried to book one through a company in england and Curepip was the drop off point, maybe I need to contact them direct and ask them to deliver to the hotel direct,thanks

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
Level Contributor
17,780 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: car rental

Hope you can arrange that as it would be much better. We can always recommend a local company that Bronia and I use regularly if you have problems arranging pick up/drop off.

Mazza :-)

Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: car rental

thanks a lot will get back to you if I have problems

6. Re: car rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 August 2011, 15:35
UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
37,053 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: car rental

Mark,

There will probably be additional delivery and collection charges.

Price sounds about right though.

Bronia :)

8. Re: car rental

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 August 2011, 12:07
Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: car rental

HI yes we are staying at Le Tropical for 10 days but I just want to hire a car for a few days and the £78 was what I was quoted.

If you can give me a local contact and idea of price

thanks

Mark

10. Re: car rental

Removed on: 11 August 2011, 11:35