We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on Activities

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1,323 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on Activities

Coming to the island in May this year with my wife for our silver wedding anniversary and would like to book a couple of attractions for instance, the lion walk and interaction and also the dolphin swim.

Please advise if I should book them before arrival and also local transport to the attractions as I am staying at the Tamassa Bel Ombre.

Thanks in advance for the help

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
37,975 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on Activities

Book the lions in advance:

www.safari-adventures-mauritius.com

And go with a reputable company for dolphins like Dolswim

www.dolswim.com

Your hotel should have a price list for taxis.

Tamassa is south at Bel Ombre but not too far from Casela and Tamarin.

For other things no need to prebook.

Regards,

Bronia :)

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1,323 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on Activities

Thanks Bronia

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
37,975 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on Activities

Have a lovely Anniversary and don't forget to tell them its your Silver Wedding Anniversary - hotels will usually provide a cake and some fizzy stuff or a bottle of vino!

Bronia :)

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on Activities

Hi Steve,

We are just back from Tamassa where we celebrated our 40th (Ruby) wedding anniversary. If you let the hotel know in advance they absolutely spoil you (in our experience). I had booked the Playa restaurant in advance (recommended) and they pulled out all the stops. 4 piece band, cake and a couple of large glasses of Rose champagne and when we returned to our room at night, silk sarong for my wife and t-shirt for myself and the towel swans !!!

We didn't book walking with lions until we got there, but I would recommend that you do book this in advance, we were lucky we got to do it without advance booking.. We also did the zip-lining in Casela and a 10000ft tandem Skydive in the north of the island, if you're feeling adventurous !! I used "taxismauritius" for my transport, again this can be booked online before you arrive.

Have a fab time

Wullie

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1,323 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice on Activities

Hi Wullie

many thanks for your advice

Regards,

Steve

6. Re: Advice on Activities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 23:43