We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any other families going to Maritim mid August?

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Any other families going to Maritim mid August?

We are going to the Maritim 13th August for 10 days, but having read hundreds of reviews from honeymooners and couples I am really concerned that my 2 children aren't going to have anyone else their age to play with, and that the kids club will be empty.

It's very rare that anyone mentions children on the reviews, there was one recently that said it is not a family destination and he would not take his children there!

If there is anyone else going with children (mine are 3 and 11), please let me know to put my mind at rest, I should be excited but instead I'm worrying about it :(

maidstone
Level Contributor
212 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any other families going to Maritim mid August?

We are going with our 2 girls but on July 25th. I wouldn't worry it is the school holidays and i'm sure there will be other kids.

There is loads for the children to do and lots to see.

Shame we aren't going at the same time but look forward to it after all its a holiday of a life time :)

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any other families going to Maritim mid August?

Oh no, we only just miss each other, that is a shame.

Have a fantastic holiday, not long to go now!

maidstone
Level Contributor
212 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any other families going to Maritim mid August?

I know its coming round really quickly. Only 3 weeks now, Very excited.

Thank you and you and i really am sure there will be other children.

Ilkley, United...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Any other families going to Maritim mid August?

we are going on the 12th August for 2 weeks - 2 girls aged 10 and 12 - can't wait....

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any other families going to Maritim mid August?

Ooh fabulous Kate, my 11 year old is a boy but it's good to know there will be others his age there, even if they are the opposite sex! I heard there is a teenage club that has just started up, I'm hoping they'll be a little flexible on age as I think the kids club will be a bit young for 10 plus. We'll just have to see when we get there! Can't wait either, see you there, Catherine :)

6. Re: Any other families going to Maritim mid August?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2012, 13:42
London, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any other families going to Maritim mid August?

Just returned from the Maritim (where we had a fab time!) and there were lots of kids in the Turtle Club and the Teenage Club also.

Our kids (2 boys aged 9 and 5) had a great time - they went into the club in the morning and had lunch and dinner with kids club, and we picked them up every night at 9pm after we had had dinner- my wife said at times it felt as we were on honeymoon rather than a family holiday! Hope you have a good trip - we are already pricing up a return visit in 2013!

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any other families going to Maritim mid August?

Wow, thanks for the info Fardeen I will look into those activities for the children.

Ralph-Fish, thank you so much you have put my mind at rest. I was under the impression that the kids club shut at 4pm and thought that my husband and I wouldn't get to eat an evening meal together in peace. 9pm pick up would be amazing, even if only for a couple of evenings. We were thinking of going to the Chateau to celebrate our anniversary and we wouldn't be able to do that with the children so to know we may have that option now is fabulous :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any other families going to Maritim mid August?

Cattrey - we went to the Chateau one night whilst we were there and paid for the "Gourmet Pass" which cost us only RHS 1,500 (about £15 each). Its normally RHS 1,500 each but you get a 750 credit per person as you will be AI. On this package you get your all inclusive drinks as part of your meal as well. The menu was fixed with a few choices of starters, mains and puddings but all were fantastic.

We told the kids club team we were going there for a meal and they said dont worry about rushing back - I think we got back to them at about 9.30pm!

Officially the club says it closes at 4pm but it may be that they open late in the winter (?)- it was certainly open until at least 9pm every night we were there (10/7-24/7) so hopefully it will be for you too. Enjoy your trip!

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Any other families going to Maritim mid August?

That is amazing to know, we will definitely do the gourmet pass, that sounds like fantastic value, £15 each with drinks included. Set meal is fine for us, we aren't fussy. Getting very excited now!