We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Isa Mauritius

Ireland
7 posts
Save Topic
Isa Mauritius

It seems that Isa Mauritius is obsessed with the north of the Island. Would it be by any chance that she is involved in tourism in the north of the Island only?

Isa if you are going to give advice to people be a bit objective.

Mauritius
Level Contributor
268 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Isa Mauritius

i am in the North of the Island and involved in Tourism, but if you look at the weather in Mauritius, you will find out that it's the best place to be...

You know, I do organise the outings or other services from anywhere to anywhere, so there is no point to point out that I would like people to be in the North,...I dont mind really, if you see my excursions are all over the island...

It's just that the North is warmer, more sunny, less rains, less wind as the main winds here are south east... and if you stay for example one week in october or worse in September in the South of the island you will clearly understand why I advise to stay in the North...

ll the people that come here always ask for advices on the weather...means they ARE really concerned by the weather aren't they??

Have a nice day...here 27deg 6pm...

Kindly, isa Mauritius

Devon, UK
Level Contributor
1,054 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Isa Mauritius

I would just like to add that Isa does excursions all over the island. And even though we did not book an excursion with her, we did book our hire car and she got us a very good price. She was also very helpful about suggesting places to visit etc. We stayed in North of island for 3 weeks and found it a good base for seeing rest of island. We hired a car for 8 days and when coming back again would def stay in North weather tends to be better there and on west of island, there is more things to do there. As I am sure others do, we did our homework before we came on what we wanted from our holiday which is to see as much as possible of island.

London, United...
Level Contributor
675 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Isa Mauritius

Hi there.

I've noticed that there seem to be a lot of plugs for the north. Maybe that's because there are more hotels there and it's more touristy, so by definition more people will have stayed there? Just a thought.

I've actually stayed north, east, south west and south. The north and south are very different. If you want to have somewhere to shop - usual touristy shops - the north is a good choice. However if you want scenic and peaceful the south is a far better choice. I liked the east too, but people say it is very windy if you are there in the UK summer. We were there in December and it was perfect.

Personally if I were asked to express a preference it would be the south/southwest. It's far more beautiful. But then, I absolutely love scenic places. The north is flat and boring by comparision. I have never had particular problems with the weather in any part of the island.

Devon, UK
Level Contributor
1,054 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Isa Mauritius

At end of day it is personal choice and everyone likes different things.

London
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Isa Mauritius

I totally agree ABitConcerned. I have booked to go to the Heritage for my honeymoon at the end of May/beginning of June and since reading the forums carefully I have begun to think that I have made a terrible decision and I am going to be freezing cold and wet and the North is the only place to be!

I apprecaite there is a little less rainfall in the North and a little less cloud but it's all relative.....

6. Re: Isa Mauritius

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2006, 13:03
Devon, UK
Level Contributor
1,054 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Isa Mauritius

I would just like to add that obviously you won't be freezing, however we went in February and were told by Isa that it is hot and humid and that it is also cyclone season and she was exactly right the first weekend we were there we had a cyclone and it rained heavily for 2-3 days, then it cleared. We also then had great weather for rest of stay but last day it rained on and off all day. As long as people realise when they go what the average weather is like for that month and are prepared for it just in case it happens, and don't then complain that they had not been told. If you don't like the answers don't ask the question.

Warwick
Level Contributor
412 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Isa Mauritius

What is the best month to vist out of these 4 June/july/August or sept

Mauritius
Level Contributor
268 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Isa Mauritius

Well to my opinion, it's best in between october to june...last year June was ok, and the 15 first days of july too... it's nver the same... but the safe side if you do come to Mauritius is to choose a place where you don't get affetced by too much wind or rains...i.e. the North is THE best one, I love Mauritius all over for it's a beautiful country, really it's like travelling through 5 countries alltogether, the weather, the habitat, the countryside, the green, the different shades of blue of the sea...nothing is relly alike, and this is what makes the richness of travelling throughout Mauritius... but, I advise the North because every two days or so, even if you like to travel the whole country throughout, you'd like a little rest wouldn't you, thus the North gives you the assurance of the BEST weather ...

Voila!!!

Have a nice day all over the world wherever you read this from... here...38deg c 2.26pm

Kind regards to All...

Isa Mauritius

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Isa Mauritius

Issa loves the north it seems, as it is the most developed for tourism and a european lifestyle.

Weather wise it is preferred by her but there are other schools of thought here on the island concerning the best locations on Mauritius.

The west and southwest coasts are also preferred residential areas by wealthy mauritians. The west coast has statistically the lowest rainfall on the island, but in summer can be stiflingly hot and windless.

Her analogy of 5 countries is valid up to a point in so far as the combination of Maritime macro climate and local micro climate do result in subtle variations in weather patterns of wind or rainfall and vegetation.

Local rule of thumb for choice of location is

Summer - East & South,

Winter - West & North.