We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost for renting a motorcycle or scooter

Mumbai...
4 posts
Save Topic
Cost for renting a motorcycle or scooter

Can anyone help me out with the cost for renting a scooter for a single day. Also, is their any caution money or deposit that i need to submit. Is it manageable to ride it from Jalsa Beach resort to Casela Park and return.

Appreciate it.

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
4,892 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost for renting a motorcycle or scooter

Hi there

We recently hired a scooter for a day at the Le Meridien hotel which cost us Rs900 including a full tank of petrol.

Riding from Jalsa Beach to Casela is quite a distance. Unfortunately I don't know what the roads are like in that area. Perhaps another reader could help you on that point.

Kind regards

Dee

Mumbai (Bombay...
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost for renting a motorcycle or scooter

Did you have to give any deposit for the scooter or what.

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
4,892 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost for renting a motorcycle or scooter

No - just paid upfront and dropped it off when we were finished.

You do need to produce a valid photo id driver's license.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
104 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cost for renting a motorcycle or scooter

Hello,

I am from India. I dont have International Driving License. But i do have a valid Indian driving license. Is that fine for riding a scooter. Please guide.

Thanks.

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
4,892 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cost for renting a motorcycle or scooter

You don't need an international driver's license. We used our South African license with no problems at all.

6. Re: Cost for renting a motorcycle or scooter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2013, 10:16