We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Months to avoid playing golf in Mauritius

Preston, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Months to avoid playing golf in Mauritius

What month are the greens likely to be hollow tined in Mauritius?

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,188 posts
1,819 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Months to avoid playing golf in Mauritius

I am no expert but I presume as Mauritius is in the southern hemisphere, its during their winter months such as July/August.

If you are booked in a hotel with a golf course, contact the hotel for more information.

Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
for Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire
Level Contributor
3,204 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Months to avoid playing golf in Mauritius

I think greens are hollow tined spring and autumn, however, if done properly, it should only be a minor iritation for a day or two

Preston, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Months to avoid playing golf in Mauritius

Thanks for the responses. I will contact all the hotels were are looking at - we haven't booked yet. but are thinking of going in July next year. I have seen on one tour operator's website that Le Tousserok state that for 10 days in July their greens will be affected by hollow tining, hence my query.

Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
for Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire
Level Contributor
3,204 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Months to avoid playing golf in Mauritius

Seems a heck of a long time, can only think that they do a few holes per day,hence the ten days

5. Re: Months to avoid playing golf in Mauritius

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2013, 10:17