We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catamaran cruises

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
76 posts
124 reviews
Save Topic
Catamaran cruises

Hello,

We will be going to Mauritius in December, and would like to go on a catamaran cruise on one of the days.

Are there any recommended companies?

We will be staying on the west side of Mauritius, is it possible to visit the east side on a day trip?

Thanks

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
4,799 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Catamaran cruises

We used Croisieres Australes for our first trip and were very impressed. See their website. www.croisieres-australes.mu/index.php/en

Not sure if they go from West to East coast as we did the trip from Grand Baie to the northern islands. Also saw one of their cats off Le Morne when we stayed there. I think they leave from Tamarin Bay/Black River area.

Regards

Dee

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
Level Contributor
17,776 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Catamaran cruises

We've also used Croisieres Australes and like Dee would recommend them.

Mauritius isn't so big, you can easily see all parts of the island by car/taxi. To visit East from West then by road is the most direct/quickest

Staying west then locally the catamaran trips leave from Black River for trips mainly around that coast, smaller boats leave hotels' jettys and of course you can drive to Blue Bay area for trips around the east and south coast.

Hope that helps

Mazza :-)

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,658 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Catamaran cruises

I used Northview Tours. Really great day with great food, drinks and stops for snorkeling at Gabriel Island and Coin de Mire. 900 MRU / person. I definitely recommend them.

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
4,799 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Catamaran cruises

Hi Mikiduta

Which boat did you go on? Northview are booking agents for many different companies.

Regards

Dee

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
76 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Catamaran cruises

Great thanks a lot, will check them out

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,658 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Catamaran cruises

Dee, the catamaran name is Coral Belle, they had a really great crew and one of the guys was playing creole music.

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
4,799 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Catamaran cruises

Thanks, Mikiduta, I remember them from when we went the first time. They were anchored next to us at Flat Island. Looked like a really good vibe on board! Next time I think I'll try them.

Regards

Dee

England, United...
Level Contributor
810 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Catamaran cruises

I would like a cat trip from blue Bay Area that's where I'm staying this time .

England, United...
Level Contributor
810 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Catamaran cruises

Does anyone know any good companies please

10. Re: Catamaran cruises

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 04:17