We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mauritius & Rodrigues In July

Indore
5 posts
Save Topic
Mauritius & Rodrigues In July

Hi Members,

We are planning a trip to mauritius & rodrigues in the month of july. we are planning to stay for around 7-9 days.

i have some questions to ask - as how will be the weather?

in which part of mauritius should we stay so that we have easy access to all the locations? we want to try some water sports too also i read somewhere about a jeep safari..

how long should we stay in Rodrigues or can it be a day tour from mauritius so that we will not have to change the accomodation?

Lastly, what will be the quickest mode of transpotation which should also be pocket friendly.

Thanks

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mauritius & Rodrigues In July

July is mid-winter so avoid the east coast as it will be windy. Also windy at Le Morne peninsular at this time of year. I'd look at north or west coasts around Grand Baie, Trou Aux Biche and Flic en Flac areas. Weather should be warm during the day and a little bit cooler in the evenings. Have a look at these sites for more information.

world-weather-travellers-guide.com/weather-i…

http://metservice.intnet.mu/?page_id=3

Most hotels offer complimentary water sports which include sailing, glass bottom boat trips, snorkeling trips, kayaks, pedallos etc. Some include waterskiing while others charge for this. Scuba diving is offered by some hotels but usually as an added extra. Before you book your hotel find out what they offer as part of your package.

It's not practical to do a day tour to Rodriques from Mauritius. I would imagine you'd need to have at least one or two nights there as you will have to fly from Mauritius.

Regards

Dee

Indore
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mauritius & Rodrigues In July

thanks Dee

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mauritius & Rodrigues In July

You're welcome! Enjoy planning your holiday.

Dee

Indore
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Mauritius & Rodrigues In July

can you name few such hotels?

5. Re: Mauritius & Rodrigues In July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2014, 07:17