We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water Activities in Mauritius

Bengaluru, India
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Water Activities in Mauritius

I would like to know about the water sports in Mauritius. I have booked Sands resort for my honeymoon in May through a Travel agent but water sports are not included. What would be aprox. cost for the following activities:

1) Parasailng

2) Scuba Diving

3) Snorkling

4) catamaran cruise

All the suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
4,941 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Water Activities in Mauritius

Have a look at this site which will give you some ideas. They are in Grand Baie so you may need to find an operator in Flic en Flac which is close to the Sands. Prices should be similar.

http://www.northviewtours.com/

Snorkeling should be part of the package at the Sands.

When we did parasailing in Grand Baie we paid Rs1000 each. Day cruise on catamaran was also Rs1000 each for the whole day. Remember to shop around to get the best deal as many operators sell exactly the same excursions for slightly different prices.

Here are two more sites which you may find interesting.

http://www.mauritius-guide.net/water-sports/

http://www.croisieres-australes.mu/

Regards

Dee

Bengaluru, India
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Water Activities in Mauritius

Thanks a lot for your reply Dee...I have booked sands through a travel agent in India and I am not sure snorkeling is part of package or not. This link http://www.northviewtours.com/ seems to be pretty useful.

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
Level Contributor
18,245 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Water Activities in Mauritius

Non motorised water sports are included at The Sands, that's unlimited use of kayaks, pedaloes and windsurfing, glass bottom boat plus water ski-ing once per day. They do organise snorkelling trips but I think for a small fee as is dolphin watching when the hotel will take a small boat our into Tamarin bay.

There are many operators in Flic en Flac who will organise things like parasailing which I've never seen in this area, so you may have to travel elsewhere for that.

The boat house at The Sands can book you on a scuba diving course and also catamaran trips. We used a company called Croisieres Evasion a few years ago and our trip was 1650 M.rupees per person, rather more than Dee paid but maybe better/cheaper prices are to be had in Grand Baie where competition is greater. This was for a full day (early start) dolphin watching, snorkelling, barbeque with unlimited drinks all day finishing with a visit to Ile aux Benitiers.

Mazza :-)

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
4,941 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Water Activities in Mauritius

I'm doing things back to front today. Checked the Sands website and found the answer to you questions right there.

http://www.sands.mu/sport-and-leisure.html

Hope this helps!

Regards

Dee

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,245 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Water Activities in Mauritius

Much the same info as I've already given, I never think to look at the Sands website having been there so often. Glad I'm not off the mark.

Lichfield, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Water Activities in Mauritius

Can anyone help us-we are staying in the maritim hotel and have just cinema back in our taxi as it us raining heavily so have not done the alkaline day catamaran trip. We we do still very much want to but have also just found out how much we were being ripped off! They wanted rp 6000 for day catamaran and rp 14000 for a half day speed boat to swim with dolphins!!

Can anyone tell us a reputable company to book with and get a good day out without being ripped Off? My husband is trying to get or deposits back as we speak?....

Lichfield, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Water Activities in Mauritius

Can anyone help us-we are staying in the maritim hotel and have just come back in our taxi as it us raining heavily so have not done the all day catamaran trip. We we do still very much want to but have also just found out how much we were being ripped off! They wanted rp 6000 for day catamaran and rp 14000 for a half day speed boat to swim with dolphins!!

Can anyone tell us a reputable company to book with and get a good day out without being ripped Off? My husband is trying to get or deposits back as we speak?....

Edited: 09 March 2013, 05:13
8. Re: Water Activities in Mauritius

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2013, 00:16
UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
37,975 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Water Activities in Mauritius

Mauritius Hotels - please quit pushing your hotel and catamaran sites - as said before its against TA's posting guieldines and so dont be surprised it all you posts are removed - they will be.

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,245 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Water Activities in Mauritius

Yes Mauritius Hotels - The TA moderators are watching you and I'm sure your posts will be removed.