We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wedding holiday, all inclusive, not too expensive

Cardiff, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
wedding holiday, all inclusive, not too expensive

Hi we're looking at getting married in Mauritius next year. There will be around 40 of us including children, ages ranging from 1yr-16yrs.

Ive looked into best time to travel and it looks as though end of october will be good as prices are not as high, weather is hot but bearable with less wind and less chance of rain. With the month of travel almost decided on I now need some advice on accomodation and location, I'm at a loss on where to stay :-( This is my wish list;

Must do weddings

A nice beach (nice for bathing and suitable for children to play on - maybe some water sports for older children and adults)

Wheelchair friendly as one of our party is disabled

All inclusive

child friendly (preferably with kids clubs)

generally nice complex,

cheaper room options for guests on a budget

I seem to be asking for a lot especially since the hotels that seem to meet all of my expectations are out of budget for some of my guests but Im really looking for a holiday of a life time. Any advice on Mauritius weddings ect would be much appreciated

Regards Sarah

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
5,122 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wedding holiday, all inclusive, not too expensive

Hi Sarah

It's very hard to offer specific advise as it comes down to your budget in the end. Start looking at 3* resorts and take it from there. Here are some ideas. You'll have to contact the hotels to check on wheel chair access but most should be able to assist you.

North/North west

Merville Beach

Veranda Grand Baie

Veranda Pointe aux Biches

Recif Attitude – All Inclusive available

Casuarina Hotel – Also self catering available www.hotel-casuarina.com

Coin de Mire Attitude – All Inclusive available

West

Pearle Beach Resort & Spa

Aanari Hotel & Spa - http://www.aanari.com/experience/hotel/

Villas Caroline Beach Hotel – All Inclusive available

East

Veranda Palmar Beach

Emeraude Beach Attitude – All Inclusive available

Tropical Attitude – All Inclusive available

I can't tell you if all of these hotels do weddings but most hotels do.

Good luck with your search!!!

Regards

Dee

Edited: 14 April 2013, 08:14
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,875 posts
1,771 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wedding holiday, all inclusive, not too expensive

You may consider one hotel for the wedding and for you to stay in which can be 4/5 star and a nearby hotel or apartments for the other guests.

Also consider speaking to the wedding planner for the hotels concerned of your plans and looking for bulk discounts on the room rates.

3. Re: wedding holiday, all inclusive, not too expensive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 14 April 2013, 14:36
4. Re: wedding holiday, all inclusive, not too expensive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2014, 05:18