We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress code for Prince Maurice and Oberoi

Harvington, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Topic
Dress code for Prince Maurice and Oberoi

How strict is the dress code for the Prince Maurice and the Oberoi? We're staying at both hotels for our honeymoon and were wondering what to pack. Are polo shirts and canvas loafers ok for men?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
The Oberoi, Mauritius
The Oberoi, Mauritius
1,633 Reviews
Mauritius
London, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dress code for Prince Maurice and Oberoi

The website says

"Dress Code: At the Bar and The Restaurant, our dress code during the day is casual and for the evening it is smart casual. Gentlemen are kindly requested to wear in the evening long trousers and shirts with sleeves. Shorts and swimwear may not be worn in the Restaurant or Bar after 6.00 p.m."

From the sounds of it polo shirts won't work but can't see a problem with canvas loafers, though a dark colour is probably safer. I'm not taking proper leather shoes - just canvas boat shoes. Bit annoying about the long sleeve shirt thing as i hate dressing up all the time for dinner as I think it ruins the relaxation and a polo shirt is perfectly smart, but never mind. Its meant to be worth it from what I hear!

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
5,985 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dress code for Prince Maurice and Oberoi

Thanks for taking the time to check this. However, I don't read it to mean long sleeve shirts. Short sleeve should be fine. I think they mean no vest type tops. This is the norm at most hotels in Mauritius.

Mentioned in this post
Farnborough, United...
Level Contributor
434 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dress code for Prince Maurice and Oberoi

You can wear Polo shirts and short sleeved shirts in the Restaurant at The Oberoi, I did how ever see people in jacket and tie, but that isn't necessary, smart casual is fine,

Regards Denise ;-)

Mentioned in this post
The Oberoi, Mauritius
The Oberoi, Mauritius
1,633 Reviews
Mauritius
London, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dress code for Prince Maurice and Oberoi

Phew...polo shirt is fine then! That's a packing relief...!

5. Re: Dress code for Prince Maurice and Oberoi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2014, 07:17