We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson going to Mauritius in 2014

Ely, UK
Level Contributor
385 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Thomson going to Mauritius in 2014

I was amazed to see Mauritius being offerred by Thomson for 2014. I was under the impression that charter flights did not go to Mauritius - was I mistaken.

Jo

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,510 posts
1,681 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomson going to Mauritius in 2014

I also got the email from them. Looks like they are offering packages with flights form Gatwick with the Dreamliner.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
37,975 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomson going to Mauritius in 2014

Good news - that brings us into line with the Germans and French and the Italians are starting a charter flight from Rome with Meridienafly from July this year - price from 28.200 MUR including airport taxes.

Thomsons are offering a limited number of hotels from what I can see and no opportunity to just book the flight?

lincoln_lady
Level Contributor
60 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomson going to Mauritius in 2014

Thomson are now offering flights only to mauritius from May 14, I will hopefully be booking soon!

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
37,975 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomson going to Mauritius in 2014

Sunshine can you give us a link to the Thomsons flight - and are they commencing this year or 2014?

I got the email too but can't find anywhere where it just says flights to Mauritius. :)

lincoln_lady
Level Contributor
60 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomson going to Mauritius in 2014

http://flights.thomson.co.uk/en/index.html

Hi Bronia,

You can book them now but the first flight doesn't start until 4th may 2014, we will hopefully be visiting around the 11th May!

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
Level Contributor
18,245 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomson going to Mauritius in 2014

Thomson are offering a selection of hotels too. I'll be sticking with Emirates as I don't want to fly from LGW

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
37,975 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomson going to Mauritius in 2014

Wow I checked out May and their flights are coming in at £889 -much more expensive than my usual Emrates flights.

So I checked June prices and they are £929 pp and random dates for August are £1089 before coming back down to £999 for September.

With EK I pay anything from £640 to £740 in May plus I get my points and hopefully get to keep my status with EK.

Plus Thomsons charge £75 pp for checked in baggage of 20kg and £30 pp to reserve seats.

With EK I get 30kgs plus my silver allowance of checked in bags and don't pay to pre-book my seats.

Thanks for the link though :)

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,245 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomson going to Mauritius in 2014

Even if Emirates put their prices up next year they've a long way to go to reach those you've quoted for Thomsons.

Don't forget all the free drinks with EK either Bron ;-)

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
37,975 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomson going to Mauritius in 2014

And the champagne in J and the lounges Maz :))

Do Thomson charge for drinks? It says their meal is complimentary on the Dreamliner but not seen anything about drinks?

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,245 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thomson going to Mauritius in 2014

I think if you pay to go in "premium" then drinks are included, but that's another £300 or £400 each. Other than that I am pretty sure you have to pay for most, maybe one drink with meal included.

I'm sure the seasoned Thomson travellers will correct me if I've got that wrong.