We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No clue as to where to stay

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
5,979 posts
133 reviews
Save Topic
No clue as to where to stay

We want to go to Mauritius in June for our 40th wedding anniversary. I went to Mauritius about 20 years ago and hubby has never been. You have probably heard this a zillion times but I have NO CLUE as to where to stay. These are my needs 1) Nice 4 star hotel (even 3 star if its great) 2) On or near a white sandy beach 3) Near or within walking distance to shops and restaurants 4) Not too expensive as I am paying in S.A. Rands which is now OVER R9 to the U.S.$ 5) No screaming children as I have been there, done that. 5) It will be before school holidays. A beach is important to me as hubby doesnt like pools and we dont like lazing around the hotel all day and night. Like to do things. Your suggesteions would be appreciated. Many thanks.

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
5,039 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: No clue as to where to stay

Further to my previous post - check out Le Mauricia in Grand Baie. The beach isn't perfect but the situation is!!! Right in the tourist town of Grand Baie with all it has to offer. Plus you will be on a bus route so can access other beaches with ease. We've stayed there twice and love everything about Le Mauricia! You'll also qualify for the anniversary special as it's a Beachcomber resort so you'll pay only 50% for your part of the hotel stay. We went to Le Victoria for our 30th last year and our trip came in at just under R29 000 for the two of us. Le Victoria is also great but not within walking distance of a town.

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
5,979 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: No clue as to where to stay

Hi Dee was that just the hotel or air fares x cpt included?

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
5,039 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: No clue as to where to stay

Complete trip from CPT return including airfares, airport/hotel transfers, one week stay and the dreaded airport taxes. Half board in a Superior room.

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
5,979 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: No clue as to where to stay

Thanks I am going to send u a PM if u don't mind.Do u live in cpt as I see you are a D/E for Mauritius and I am from Cape Town. I live in Bantry Bay

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
5,039 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: No clue as to where to stay

Yes, I'm in Cape Town - southern suburbs.

6. Re: No clue as to where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2014, 05:18