We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Residence soleil flic en flac

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
2,314 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Residence soleil flic en flac

Hi! Has anyone stayed at the Resdence Soleil in Flic en Flac? I've been offered a very attractive rate to stay here but the only reviews I can find are from flip key and they are posted by one-time posters.

If anyone has any advice I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,529 posts
1,683 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Residence soleil flic en flac

These are the only reviews on TA. Rentals tends to have lower reviews than hotels.

tripadvisor.co.uk/…review_141700525

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
Level Contributor
18,263 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Residence soleil flic en flac

Do you have a road name for this property? I checked the map on the listing and it appears to be behind a restaurant "Ah Youn" but also close to another, Domaine Anna. This is impossible, as Domaine Anna is out of town.

My only other comment would be that there are no actual pictures, just a layout format. Price does seem cheap indeed and they are also offering free transfers from airport. This could be too good to be true.

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
2,314 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Residence soleil flic en flac

Preston traveller - yes I saw those reviews but the reviewers all seem to have only done the one review - which always makes me a little suspicious.

Mazza50 - I know what you mean - it does almost seem too good to be true! No I don't have a street. The invoice I was sent was c/o an English address.

I've also been looking at a place in Trou d Eau Douce. It Bronia's advice is that there's nothing nearby in the way of shops and restaurants, and whilst that really appeals to me to a large extent it would be nice not to have to cook all the time!

In a quandary!

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,263 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Residence soleil flic en flac

If you have a UK address (and phone number?) of the owners why not speak to them and ask for more details? I would certainly do that.

I would also suggest contacting one of the reviewers for more information..

If it is just near to Ah Youn then it is only a walk away from restaurants, shops etc.

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
2,314 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Residence soleil flic en flac

Ok Mqzza maybe I should do that. Just like to hear an unbiased opinion too if you know what I mean?

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,263 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Residence soleil flic en flac

Yes I do know exactly what you mean, I'll keep an eye open for that name when I'm next there soon.

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,263 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Residence soleil flic en flac

Northumberland-lady, did you book? I've had good look round the area and can't see anything that resembles the artists impression on the reviews, or the name on a gate. It might well be located much further away from the town.

Mazza :-)

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
2,314 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Residence soleil flic en flac

Hi Mazza, no - it all sounded a bit too 'unclear' and too good to be true!

Lucky you - back there again!!!

9. Re: Residence soleil flic en flac

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2014, 07:18