We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

le Canonnier early September

4 posts
Save Topic
le Canonnier early September

First timers off to Mauritius for my husband's 50th b'day surprise dream vacation! So so excited! What 's the weather like early Sept and anybody been to Le Canonnier on All inclusive? What can we expect! Saved so long and hard for this. Realy want it to be super special for him !!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,730 posts
1,737 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: le Canonnier early September

September is normally a month for very good weather in Mauritius since it's regarded as one of the driest month of the year. The northern and western side of Mauritius tends to be drier.

world-weather-travellers-guide.com/weather-i…

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
38,521 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: le Canonnier early September

I visted Le Cannoniers a while back and it was very busy.

Its very child orientated so might not be ideal for a 50th birthday.

Did someone recommend it or did you decide on it yourself after research?

4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: le Canonnier early September

I got so Confused as to which hotel to choose as there were so many! The local travel agent strongly recommend it. Very disappointing as it was a very expensive wrong choice it seems?

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
5,040 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: le Canonnier early September

I wouldn't say it's the wrong choice. But it is family orientated. We have twice stayed at Le Mauricia which is the sister hotel to Le Cannonier. We had lunch at Le Cannonier one day when we did All Inclusive as the hotels allow you to use facilities at both hotels if you are on AI. The public areas at LC are very attractive with a choice of beaches and a nice pool area. On our first trip we met a young couple who were on honeymoon at LC and they loved the hotel.

Most hotels in Mauritius cater well for children so they are very popular with families. Our last visit was to Le Victoria which is also sold as a very family friendly hotel - we went for our 30th anniversary and loved it. Lots of children but that certainly didn't spoil our holiday.

The hotel is close to Grand Baie so you'll be able to get out and about with ease to see the area.

Have a lovely time!

Regards

Dee

5. Re: le Canonnier early September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2014, 06:16