We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Power socket

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
Power socket

Can anyone tell me what kind of power converter I need from UK to Mauritius power?

Level Contributor
97 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Power socket

UK 3 pin was fine in le victoria

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
38,463 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Power socket

Mauritius uses BS 3 square plugs but also some round two pin - the hotel has adaptors but if not the nearest supermarkets sell them for a few rupees.

You don't need a power convertor.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,699 posts
1,726 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Power socket

British 3 pin sockets are widely used and I have rarely seen a 2 pin one but its worth just to bring a worldwide travel adaptor just in case. You can now get them easily from Poundshops or Home Bargains.

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
Level Contributor
18,420 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Power socket

Three pins as here in UK are the norm, occasionally you might find those with 2 pins. Our adaptor is always in our suitcase as is a 4 gang socket as we have a few cameras, phones etc. to charge up and in some hotels there aren't a lot of spare plugs.

5. Re: Power socket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2014, 06:17