We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How is the best flight from Rio de Janeiro to Mauritius

Brazil
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
How is the best flight from Rio de Janeiro to Mauritius

Hi friends,

My husband and I are planning our 10 years wedding anniversary and we thought to go to Africa.

We would like to go to Mauritius Island. How is the best way to go there?

We thougt also to stop over Sabi Sabi in South Africa. Do you think we can make both in 15 days?

Thanks in advance!

Ana

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
5,486 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How is the best flight from Rio de Janeiro to Mauritius

Hi Ana

You could certainly go to Sabi Sabi and Mauritius during a 15 day trip. You could fly into Johannesburg and travel to Sabi Sabi and then fly direct from Jhb to Mauritius. There are flights every day on either SAA or Air Mauritius. The flight is about 4 hours.

Brazil
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How is the best flight from Rio de Janeiro to Mauritius

Thank you for your response.

In fact I was thinking of going to Mauritius first and them to Sabi Sabi. Do you know if it has flights straight to Mauritius, or do I have to stop over in Johannesburg first? Can you indicate the air cia that makes Brazil to Africa?

Thank you

Ana

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
5,486 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How is the best flight from Rio de Janeiro to Mauritius

You will have to go via Johannesburg. Sabi Sabi is out in the bush and the local airport at Nelspruit doesn't have direct flights to MRU.

I'm afraid I don't understand the second half of your question.

4. Re: How is the best flight from Rio de Janeiro to Mauritius

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2015, 07:18