We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mauritius or Seychelles in September

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Mauritius or Seychelles in September

I am planning to go to either Mauritius or the Seychelles for the first week of Sept and looking at a half board package, main activities will be pool/beach/spa/snorkeling. We also want a resort that is not family orientated as it will be for myself and my mum.

Resorts that i have been looking at in Seychelles are Four seasons and Banyan Tree

Resorts in Mauritius - The Oberoi

I am having a nightmare trying to decide between the 2 islands, researching online it is saying average temp in Mauritius will be around 21/22 degrees C, where as Seychelles will be 26/27 degrees C. Coming from a very cold England i really want somewhere warm and luxurious where we can spend a week in paradise!!!

Can anyone provide any recommendations between the 2 islands????

Thanks,

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,995 posts
1,790 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mauritius or Seychelles in September

I have to say in this forum you are likely to get biased advice. Mauritius is moving from winter to their summer at this time of the year. Its one of the better months as it has less rainfall and the temperature increases, also for people from the UK, even in July in Mauritius when its winter it ranges from very warm to very hot.

The Oberoi is a fine hotel, very plush and prestigious.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
39,522 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mauritius or Seychelles in September

Average daytime temps in Mauritius on the west side of the island for September (the second driest month) are 26C.

I haven't stayed at Oberoi but did spend a pleasant afternoon being shown round last year and its absolutely stunning so well worth thinking about.

If you haven't already posted on Seychelles forum do so - their DE Mikiduta is really helpful - also hes been to Mauritius so can better compare the two islands!

world-weather-travellers-guide.com/…September

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
Level Contributor
18,895 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mauritius or Seychelles in September

I've been to both in September and found the weather better in the Seychelles, but I could have been lucky. If it's just down to weather then I think either destination you would find ok.

Mauritius has a lot to offer in way of sights and things to do, you can stay in one hotel and visit all around on several days out.. It's a shame to go to the Seychelles and only stay on one island, we split our stay between Mahe and Praslin and visited many other islands - they're all different.

As Preston said you will find a bias towards Mauritius on this forum. Good luck in making a choice.

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mauritius or Seychelles in September

Thanks for help guys :)

I think if we do stay in Seychellles, will be staying in Mahe, but may make a trip across to Praslin as it looks stunning!

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
Level Contributor
18,895 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mauritius or Seychelles in September

Mikiduta will give you more information on the Seychelles forum. You can either fly or go by catamaran from Mahe to Praslin, it's not just a quick hop.

6. Re: Mauritius or Seychelles in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2014, 05:18