We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding in Mauritius?

Sheffield
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Wedding in Mauritius?

Hi, I'm looking to plan a destination wedding. I'm really torn between the carribean & Maritius.

Does anyone have expirience of a wedding in Maritius?. We're looking to spend around 6k for 2 weeks AI forv2 adults & an infant. If anyone could suggest any nice resorts I would be grateful. I've travel a bit and I'm looking for somewhere that has the right mix of activity but also unspoiltv& not too geared up for tourists like Jamaica. Is Maritius suitable for this & fOr travel with my son who will be 1 year old.

I am also concerned about weather, average temps seem to suggest only 20 degrees. I'm wanting a warm sunny climate that lends itself to hot lazy days on the beach. Bearing this in mind what month would be best to travel? We were thinking September/October time.

I am also happy to receive any other suggestions for wedding locations.

Thanks

Thanks

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
22,608 posts
2,176 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding in Mauritius?

October would be the start of summer in Mauritius and temperatures start to get higher and higher but there tends to be less humidity and rainfall than the later summer months.

Many Mauritian hotels are geared for weddings and I suggest you contact the wedding co-ordinator at the hotels for packages. The Maritim, Meridien, Le Mauricia, Sugar Beach, Belle Mare Plage are popular hotels amongst many.

Mentioned in this post
Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius
Maritim Resort & Spa...
3,757 Reviews
Mauritius
Mauricia Beachcomber Resort & Spa
Mauricia Beachcomber...
3,247 Reviews
Mauritius
Sugar Beach Mauritius
Sugar Beach Mauritius
3,595 Reviews
Mauritius
Constance Belle Mare Plage
Constance Belle Mare...
4,078 Reviews
Mauritius
Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
5,985 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding in Mauritius?

October will be a lovely month. The start of summer without the humidity and rainfall of mid-summer, as Preston mentioned. Temps should be mid to late 20's so perfect for lazing on the beach. Have a look at these sites for more info.

world-weather-travellers-guide.com/weather-i…

http://metservice.intnet.mu/?page_id=3

Many hotels offer fantastic wedding opportunities. Have a look at Beachcomber's wedding video on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBtX-NDIm-M

I love Mauritius because the resorts aren't too touristy - they are very laid back with low key entertainment in the evenings. Most will have babysitters available so that you can enjoy some adult time without your son, if you feel like it.

Good luck with your planning!

Dee :-))

Mentioned in this post
3. Re: Wedding in Mauritius?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2014, 05:20