We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendation - beaches/resorts

Bangalore
Level Contributor
20 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Recommendation - beaches/resorts

We are planning a trip to Mauritius - 4 adults and 4 kids(< 8 yrs) in early October 2013 Prefer a nice beach side resort that is somewhat mid-range (3 star or so). Another preference is to have a good snorkelling around - at least walkable from the beach. Found that there are a few near Troux Aux Biches and some near Grand Baie. I also saw a few near East coast. I am not sure if East coast is good for snorkelling.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated

thanks

prasad

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,211 posts
1,636 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendation - beaches/resorts

Verandah Pointe aux Biches might fit the bill. I stayed there in April with my family. They have regular shuttle trips up the road.

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
4,799 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendation - beaches/resorts

Also look at Merville Beach in Grand Baie.

3. Re: Recommendation - beaches/resorts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2014, 05:17