We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maritim

brighton uk
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Maritim

Just booked Maritim for May 14 after reading lots of good reviews, but now have seen lots of negative/average reviews. Should I pay a bit more and change to a different hotel?

Mentioned in this post
Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius
Maritim Resort & Spa...
3,723 Reviews
Mauritius
Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
5,932 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maritim

You'll never find a hotel that gets only great reviews, I'm afraid, as there will always be something that doesn't appeal to certain people. The Maritim has a great reputation so I wouldn't be in a rush to change it.

Do the exercise of looking at reviews for a couple of other hotels that you like and you are bound to find that they also get mixed reviews. It's the balance that counts. If a hotel gets say 400 reviews and 350 are good/excellent and only 5 are really bad then it's easy to go with the majority. Often by reading the bad reviews you will get an idea of why people didn't like the particular resort. Some people expect perfection and they are upset when it doesn't happen. Sometimes the tone of the review will indicate that they are just confrontational and/or difficult by nature and impossible to please.

Mentioned in this post
Maritim Resort & Spa...
3,723 Reviews
Mauritius
brighton uk
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maritim

Thanks Dee, just realised I had clicked the button to read all the average comments together (75), compared with 900 excellent ones. Panic over, I work with the great general public so know how different tastes can be!

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
5,932 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maritim

After seeing your post, I did some reading myself and have had a chuckle at some of the things that people moan about! Not only at the Maritim but at many other great hotels around the world.

Enjoy your holiday!!!!

Dee :-))

Mentioned in this post
Maritim Resort & Spa...
3,723 Reviews
Mauritius
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
22,448 posts
2,107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maritim

I have a friend who will go to the best hotel in the world and rack up a list of complaints. The moment you enter the Maritim, you will know its a good hotel.

Mentioned in this post
Maritim Resort & Spa...
3,723 Reviews
Mauritius
5. Re: Maritim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2014, 05:18