We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Some questions on Maurities (AI, kids, etc...)

Johannesburg, South...
4 posts
Save Topic
Some questions on Maurities (AI, kids, etc...)

Hi everyone,

We're planning to travel to Mauritius October 2013 and we're 2 adults and a 5y old boy. We would prefer AI resorts - we've been to Cuba and Mexico AI but after reading this forum I'm assuming that AI at Mauritius hotels can't be compared... Are there some that are better in terms of quality and choice of food? We're definitely not into counting coins and banknotes to buy drinks everyday...

Besides that, we would need a nice mini/kids-club, that could keep our boy busy and entertained. We've never been to a hotel with a kids club before so we're not quite sure what to look at... I've read some stuff about 2 Club Med resorts and they say they're not bad in terms of kids entertainment and food... but the beach - I wasn't quite impressed by photos.

And about the beach - is that right that I should now forget Cuban and Mexican beaches and those at Maurities would be inferior? So there's no need to compare them in my mind?

We are also considering Seychelles, but we could find any AI there and the price tag is a bit bigger. Would anyone give pro et contra for Mauritius vs Seychelles? Probably someone has travelled both destinations... as I mentioned, we're looking for a good beach, not planning to do much activities - just a lazy week, preferably AI not to worry about all those extra drinks etc, and a nice kids club.

Thanks everyone in advance for proper and useful advice!

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
5,412 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Some questions on Maurities (AI, kids, etc...)

Hi Moscovo and welcome to TripAdvisor

I'd start your search with Beachcomber's Shandrani resort which has arguably the best AI package in Mauritius. Unlike many hotels everything is included from time of arrival to time of departure. There are three different beaches as well as a kid's club. Although I haven't stayed there yet (on the bucket list) I have stayed at three other Beachcomber resorts and visited two others. Needless to say, I'm a huge Beachcomber fan. Another positive factor is that Shandrani is only 10 minutes from the airport so a quick transfer before and after your flights which could be important with your little one.

beachcomber-hotels.com/hotel/shandrani-resor…

Historically Seychelles has always been more expensive than Mauritius and the standard of the hotels isn't as good. A 4* in Mauritius would be a 5* in Seychelles with a price to match. Speaking to a travel agent recently she said that reports they had been getting from people travelling to Seychelles weren't as positive as previously.

Hopefully Mikiduta, the DE for Seychelles, will see your post and add some insight, having been to both destinations.

Regards

Dee

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
40,610 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Some questions on Maurities (AI, kids, etc...)

I stayed at Shandrani last year an not only is their AI the best in Mauritius the resorts itself is first class in every way.

I have a review on the resort here (but ignore the photo captions as TA mixed them up!)

Re Seychelles I suggest you post on Seychelles forum - as Dee has said Mikiduta has been to both resorts and is very knowledgeable about Seychelles.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g488102-d4…

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g293738-i9311-Se…

Another two AI's that also offer premium brand drinks and champagne in their AI packages are Maritim and Heritage Awali and Heritage Le Telfair - the former is in the north west and the other two are south at Bel Ombre.

www.heritageresorts.mu/en…

Weather for October is sunny and dry.

world-weather-travellers-guide.com/index.html

3. Re: Some questions on Maurities (AI, kids, etc...)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2014, 06:20