We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trou aux biches or Four Seasons Anahita in July?

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Trou aux biches or Four Seasons Anahita in July?

Hi there, I am in the process of researching honeymoon options for next July and we have our heart set on Mauritius.

So far my favourite has been TAB as I have read it has a better location for good weather that time of year. However I also like the look of Four Seasons and we could get a garden villa with a pool (we would be in a tropical suite at TAB) which is definitely tempting.

Any advice or suggestions over which to choose?

Thanks so much!

Vicki

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
40,610 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trou aux biches or Four Seasons Anahita in July?

Hi Vicki,

I've looked round both these and much prefer TAB.

TAB was originally built in the 70s and has a prime beach location. It was completely razed to the ground and rebuilt and reopened last year.

Anahita is very isolated at Beau Champs with nothing at all close -TAB is in the small residential village of TAB with places to eat, shops and a small well stocked supermarket Popos, local travel agents and money exchange etc and the bus stops outside.

TAB is also a better location weather wise - Anahita being on the east coast and gets quite windy in July.

Both are quite large resorts but TAB doesnt feel large. Anahita it took us 25 minutes to get round by golf buggy. Anahita's beaches are all man made unlike TAB's.

The beach front suites at TAB have their own private plunge pools as do the villas - but all the rooms are lovely as are the bathrooms. The staff an amenities are superb.

I would go to to TAB.

beachcomber-hotels.com/hotel/trou-aux-biches…

http://www.fourseasons.com/mauritius/

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,368 posts
1,844 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trou aux biches or Four Seasons Anahita in July?

For July, I would opt for the TAB.

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
5,412 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trou aux biches or Four Seasons Anahita in July?

Another vote for TAB! Both for weather and hotel standard.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trou aux biches or Four Seasons Anahita in July?

Thank you all so much. Out of interest what are your thoughts on TAB v The Oberoi?

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
40,610 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trou aux biches or Four Seasons Anahita in July?

Looked round Oberoi last year too and very impressed with all aspects of the resort from Management to facilitities and accomodation - all fabulous. All meals are a la carte and no cover charge for room service.

Again as with TAB I would opt for a luxury villa with private plunge pool.

Location is not so good as TAB and I think the beach at TAB might have the edge, but Oberoi would be in my top 5.

oberoihotels.com/oberoi_mauritius/index.asp

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trou aux biches or Four Seasons Anahita in July?

Thanks so much Bronia! Looks like we're going for TAB and beachfront villa with plunge pool! We can't quite afford the one with a whole proper pool but we're happy enough to be beachfront and have a plunge.

Thanks again

7. Re: Trou aux biches or Four Seasons Anahita in July?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2014, 06:20