We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Mauritius

London, United...
Level Contributor
124 posts
234 reviews
Save Topic
Air Mauritius

Has anyone flown with air Mauritius recently - any advice ?

Taunton, United...
Level Contributor
88 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Mauritius

I have flown with AM numerous times over the past 21 years my most recent flight being in March this year from Mauritius back to the UK.......they come in for a fair amount of criticism as you will find out through previous posts on this forum and indeed if you happen to Google them. However I have never had a problem with any of the flights I have made..it happens to suit me as it is a direct flight operating out of Heathrow which happens to be my preferred UK airport.

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
5,222 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Mauritius

As Maurilover says there are many threads on TA regarding Air Mauritius. I've done 4 return trips from Cape Town with them and have never had a bad experience. Yes, their aircraft are slightly older and don't have all the mod cons of some of the bigger operators but one must remember that Mauritius is a tiny island so Air Mauritius can't possibly compete with the likes of Emirates/Air France/BA etc. The cabin crew are always pleasant, food is edible and flights are always on time. That's enough to make me keep going back to them. If you want a top end carrier then perhaps you should look to one of the larger airlines operating out of the UK.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Mauritius

Many thanks for your replies. Having flown BA from the UK to Mauritius in the past and being bitterly disappointed we are considering now trying our Air Mauritius from Heathrow direct. The proposed flight times are a lot better than BA and so I was just trying to get some reassurance that AM will not let me down ??

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
39,454 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Mauritius

I used to fly MK a lot but am now loyal to Emirates.

I think they have gone downhill but thats just my opinion.

Have you checked out the reviews here?

www.airlinequality.com/Forum/mauritius.htm

Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Mauritius

Hello I was just wondering if anyone has flown on air mauritius if they give you one of those little bags with toothpaste/toothbrush In? As I have flown a lot to Florida and you do get a few essentials provided. Thank you

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
39,454 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Mauritius

I haven't flown them for ages - EK don't offer amenity kits in economy but have some lovely bvlgari ones in business.

Googling this I found that MK were offering eyeshades, socks and dental kit in February of this year, but I can't vouch for that, sorry -

Taken from this site:

www.askthepilot.com/economy-class-done-right/

I recently flew Air France and Air Mauritius. Both were absolutely fine, although without USB or power outlets. Both offered touch-screen TVs in the seat backs. Air France offered decent hot mini baguettes and champagne in economy – this was a trans-atlantic flight not a short European jaunt. Air Mauritius staff were so friendly! One flight attendant was concerned because i hadn’t eaten much of my meal – she commented that my tray was heavy when she collected it. Both airlines came up with decent vegetarian options whether based on Western pasta or South Asian rice. They had drinks available in the galley all night. Both provided eye shades and Air Mauritius also offered socks and toothbrushes. Air Mauritius offered local jam (papaya-vanilla) and fruit juices, as well as French cheeses. I should also note that both airlines had lots of staff

Also check out the reviews here if you haven't already done so - you may come across something there:

www.airlinequality.com/Forum/mauritius.htm

Edited: 01 September 2013, 18:47
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air Mauritius

Thanks for your reply! We're flying Manchester to Mauritius via Paris in 3 weeks so just getting together some things for the plane and wondered if I needed a toothbrush/toothpaste as its a long trip! :)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Air Mauritius

Hi,

Let me know how the flight went, we fly Manchester to Mauritius via Paris in Jan 2014 and were wondering what the flight would be like :)

Thanks,

Lisa

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Air Mauritius

Hi,

Let me know how the flight went, we fly Manchester to Mauritius via Paris in Jan 2014 and were wondering what the flight would be like :)

Thanks,

Lisa

Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
for Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire
Level Contributor
3,202 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Air Mauritius

have flown a number of times with them over the last few years and have no complaints, they fly direct from UK to Maur/ and the seating is half decent like most airlines, and the staff are excellent in my opinion,bottom line is , you get what you pay for??