We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel conundrum...where to get married?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel conundrum...where to get married?

Hi there, I've been lurking for a while & found this forum to be invaluable, so thank you all!

We are planning on getting married in Mauritius in October 2014 & I'm tying myself in knots trying to find a hotel that fits the bill!

I had narrowed it down to the Martim but don't like that they can have 2 weddings per day, so looking for advice on somewhere else.

Must be all-inclusive (3 stepsons, age 24, 19 & 15 who eat & drink a lot!), must have plenty to keep them occupied. Preferably a villa set-up rather than adjoining rooms.

Would have preferred the west/north coasts for the weather but am I correct in saying the weather in October is good all over Mauritius at that time?

Budget is flexible.

Any advice would be great, thanks

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,510 posts
1,861 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel conundrum...where to get married?

Weather is not an issue for October. Le Meridien might fit the bill, go for the Nirvana wing which is aimed for newlyweds and does not allow kids under 12 and also offers AI.

I would not write out Maritim, I had a brief look recently and it really was very fine hotel, plenty for kids to do. As we drove up to the hotel they had archery going on, tennis courts and plenty of other activities.

2. Re: Hotel conundrum...where to get married?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2013, 17:33
Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
5,479 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel conundrum...where to get married?

Not again, Eric! All your self promoting posts will be removed.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
41,036 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel conundrum...where to get married?

Dee - I have reported Eric to TA.

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
Level Contributor
19,140 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel conundrum...where to get married?

It seems all Eric's other posts have been removed.

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
5,479 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel conundrum...where to get married?

Thanks, Bronia and Mazza!

uk
Level Contributor
258 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel conundrum...where to get married?

Lux BelleMare is vey nice resort , great place to get Married very beautiful indeed , and they have exclusive villas as well , might be worth having a look to see if it fits your requirements ?

We have been here five times and can't remember more than one wedding in a day !

Regards

Saffi

8. Re: Hotel conundrum...where to get married?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2014, 05:16