We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon, Weather in September, Need Help

New York
Level Contributor
34 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon, Weather in September, Need Help

Hi all

I have read all of the reviews and the forum topics out there but hoping you can help as I will be more specific to our needs. We are planning our honeymoon in Africa for September 2014. We are going to be spending our first week on safari in South Africa and then want to spend a week relaxing on a wonderful beach. This is our honeymoon so want the best of the best. We have certainly found that in where we are staying on safari but need some guidance on Mauritius.

What we want is great beach, great service, great food, and privacy (not complete privacy but a fair amount). We were originally going to book at the Four Seasons as we have stayed at many before and know we can expect the great service. However, I am very concerned about 1) the weather/wind in September on the eastern part of the island and 2) the quality of the beach.

Can you please help provide some perspective? It is our honeymoon so are willing to pay for what we want but don't want to be disappointed if it is too cold/windy to enjoy the beach, if the beach isn't what we are hoping for (nice sand, clear and warm water, able to walk in with not a lot of shale or algae, etc.), and if we receive poor service.

For example, I have read that the beach at Trou ax Biches is the best on the island - however, many of the TA reviewers indicated average to below average level of service there.

Please help! Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much in advance!!

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
5,780 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon, Weather in September, Need Help

As I read your post my immediate thought was Trou aux Biche would be perfect. No matter which hotel you read reviews on you will always find some people who found the service or resort itself lacking in some way. The overwhelming majority of people love TAB.

Other exceptional hotels that spring to mind are Royal Palm in Grand Baie, The Oberoi at Balaclava and Paradis & Dinarobin on Le Morne peninsula.

Have a fabulous honeymoon! The next year is going to go by so quickly.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
22,216 posts
2,038 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon, Weather in September, Need Help

If you are unsure about TAB then consider the Oberoi or Maradiva which is in the west coast.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
42,760 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon, Weather in September, Need Help

I've visited TAB Maradiva and Oberoi and all are excellent resorts on the more sheltered north west west coasts and deserve a look:

I've also visited Four Seasons and its a very isolated and big resort and also man made beaches as you observed.

It took us 25 mins just to get around by golf buggy.

4. Re: Honeymoon, Weather in September, Need Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2014, 05:18
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now