We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

East or West

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Topic
East or West

We are considering Mauritius for our 40th anniversary from the middle of September next year, after reading posts we are still confused as to whether we should stick to the west side or could we extend our search to include resorts in the east and still enjoy good weather. Any help would be much appreciated. Many thanks

Hamburg, Germany
Level Contributor
28 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: East or West

Hi there,

I was in Mauritius this August and it felt 3-4 degrees warmer in the north/ northwest coast vs the East Coast. This is because this a region that is protected from the southeast winds that prevail during the Mauritian winter. In September it falls under the same pattern. If you are lucky you might get a nice temperature but its going to be windy...

I suggest you to look for an hotel around Trou aux Biches, Pereybere or Grand Baie but when I was more south it was also very pleasant in terms of temperatures (Flic en Flac, Tamarin Bay, Le Morne)

Enjoy!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,730 posts
1,737 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: East or West

At the latter end of Sept anywhere in the island should be fine. The East has very good beaches and tends to have large hotel resorts but you are very much hotel based. The north west, has good hotels and you are near Port Louis and Grand Baie.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: East or West

Thanks for the advice. Think we will err on the side of caution and stick to the west, we are only going for a week so don't want to be too much worried about the weather - we are pretty much decided on Maradiva.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
38,521 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: East or West

Maradiva is a good choice. I spent an afternoon looking round it and was very impressed with the villas, especially the individual plunge pools

Have a lovely time :)

5. Re: East or West

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2014, 06:19