We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Using Taxis

High Wycombe...
1 post
Save Topic
Using Taxis

Hi there, my husband and I are heading out to Mauritius next week and are planning to use taxis to get around. We're staying in Belle Mare. I know that you can hire one for the day or half a day but my question is, if we were to go to the Black River Gorges for half a day, would it be cheaper to hire a taxi at the half day rate or simply hire one for the journey there and pick one up for the journey back? Do cab drivers hang around the park entrance or do you have to pre-arrange?

Thanks,

Abi

Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
for Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire
Level Contributor
3,204 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Using Taxis

In my experience when using taxi's in Mauritius, the taxi driver usually hangs about waiting for you.

2. Re: Using Taxis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 September 2013, 12:35
Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
Level Contributor
19,108 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Using Taxis

As Dai has stated taxis like to wait for you, they usually include 2 hours waiting time in a round trip. It would be far better for you to keep the same one as you might find it difficult if not impossible to hire one on the spot for the return journey..

4. Re: Using Taxis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2014, 05:17