We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oberoi or Maradiva...or???

San Diego
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Oberoi or Maradiva...or???

Hi Everyone,

I am really torn with the options of hotels in Mauritius, we are going to be on our honeymoon the first two weeks of March 2014. We are starting out on Safari in Lion Sands River Lodge, then to Banyan Tree in Seychelles and then to Mauritius....We don't want to be disappointed with our accommodations in Mauritius after the previous places.

Also, it seems that the beach is nicer at Oberoi? And one last question....if we choose Maradiva, is the extra cost for the beach front luxury villa REALLY worth it?

Thank you!!!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,884 posts
1,772 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oberoi or Maradiva...or???

Only you can decide if the beach front luxury villa is worth it. Both are premium luxury hotels. Oberoi is in the north west, half way between Port Louis and Grand Baie and the Oberoi brand is very highly regarded.

The Maradiva is in the west coast. Its the last in the line of hotels on the Flic en Flac coastline. Again it attracts people who want something a little extra special. Given you holiday plans I might plump for the Maradiva.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
39,053 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oberoi or Maradiva...or???

Have visited both and love them equally - I would find it difficult to chose, but I really do think Maradiva has the better beach of the two.

Otherwise both hotels are first rate. :)

London
Level Contributor
535 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oberoi or Maradiva...or???

Sounds like a hellish trip you've got there Tbombs!

It would be nice to have such a tough call!

4. Re: Oberoi or Maradiva...or???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2014, 06:20