We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

April Weather

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,708 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
April Weather

Just looking for a little advice on what to expect weather wise in April. I know no one can predict the weather but just a general guide will help so I know what to pack. Last time we visited in August and the temperature at night was a bit chilly for short sleeves. Is it still warm in the evenings in April? Also would you expect much rain during this time of the year? Thanks

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
5,232 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: April Weather

April is a lovely month! Less rain and humidity but with warm temperatures during the day and evening. We've been three times at that time of year and despite taking a wrap for the evenings I never needed it. However, after the heat in Dubai it may feel a bit cooler for you! We've also been in August and it was a bit cooler, as you say.

The following sites will offer more details.

world-weather-travellers-guide.com/weather-i…

http://metservice.intnet.mu/?page_id=3

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,708 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: April Weather

Thank you :)

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,999 posts
1,791 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: April Weather

I was there this April. Its summer and its hot and humid and it will not be chilly in the evening. There tends to be higher chance of rain at the early part of April though.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
39,546 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: April Weather

Not too hot or humid - I'm here most Aprils and was this year - we had drunken cyclone Imelda around for a week or so and went on to a class 2 alert 14th April but she suddenly changed course at the last minute and made a beeline for our little sister Rodrigues - who luckily had very little damage.

If you are interested its documented on the weather thread but it was an odd cyclone - late in the season and erractic trajetories and was around ages!. See these pages:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293816-i9265-k6…

Other than that nothing bad - I cant recall that it rained a lot last April except for one day on the 5th April when we had a masive downpour for an hour which resulted in a flash flood in the capital Port Louis which was horrific for those caught out in the subway - some people died.

But that was a one off and lessons learnt (so they say)

5. Re: April Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2014, 06:20