We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mauritius Attractions

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,733 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Mauritius Attractions

I'm looking at pre booking some day trips for our April 2014 holiday. Although I may not book them yet I am thinking at least a month before I should book some of the places we wish to visit to avoid disappointment if it is busy on our selected days. Has anyone used Mauritius attractions before, and would you recommend their services?

http://mauritiusattractions.com/

Some of the places we want to visit can be booked via their own website which is okay but more specifically I would appreciate any help or suggestions for catamaran trips (daytime or sunset) ideally from the Shandrani.

Thanks

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
42,385 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mauritius Attractions

No I wouldnt recommend them - we had a lot of problems with them self promoting on TA as well as trying to sell trips to posters by PM - see the sticky at the top of this page. Also their prices are similar to everyone elses and you may also find others cheaper. I think they eventually had their TA account closed.

I read one review where someone was on a cat cruise organized by Mauritus Attractions and they were the only people on board but some money went missing from the boat.

Wait until you arrive to book any trips - then you will have a better idea of the weather before you decide on dates.

Most catamaran cruises leave from Grand Baie - if you put catamaran cruises into the search box here it will bring up older threads you might find useful. Dee is the one who knows all about cat cruises and when she sees your thread I'm sure she will give yo usome helpful information.

You really don't need to pre-book any trips unless you decide to do the lion encounter and then just book directly with them.

Are you staying at Shandrani? It's a great resort!

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,733 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mauritius Attractions

Thanks Bronia :)

Yes booked the Shandrani, we visited there a few years ago and couldn't find anything that was better for what we want so booked again for April 2014. This time though we are getting married their and also celebrating a special birthday which is why I am trying to plan a little in advance. Totally agree that I need to be flexible with boat trips but just looking for details and prices to help plan and budget.

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated. I am sure we arranged everything via the hotel last time which was great but equally I understand this is not always to cheapest option. I'm not looking to do everything on the cheap just want value for money which is why I keep coming back to TA which questions :)

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
5,672 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mauritius Attractions

I'm with Bronia on not booking before you arrive in Mauritius. There are so many companies offering similar excursions that it is worth shopping around to get the best deal.

To do a cat trip from Grand Baie while staying at Shandrani would be difficult as you would have to cross the entire island to get there. Rather chat to the concierge at the hotel about trips leaving from the south of the island. I see in the 2013 printed brochure for Beachcomber they mention catamaran cruised from Shandrani (or the local area) so it's worth looking into. Have a look at this site for a start.

www.mautourco.com/

Our posts crossed :-))

Edited: 19 October 2013, 16:12
4. Re: Mauritius Attractions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2014, 05:19