Firstly I must say that the destination experts are doing a fantastic job and have added such a vast amount of info on the forums. Being a complete newbie a day before I know a bit on Mauritius and based on various reviews and comments shortlisted some resorts.
I am still not that much confident on the location and nearby area so need advice in selecting the resort I will be booking to celebrate my 5th wedding anniversary.
1. A week's stay in Feb 2014
2. Availability of good vegetarian food
3. Should be on sea side with a good beach
4. Basic watersports as we dont know swimming
5. Best value for money for what I am spending
6. I would like to do some excursions on 2 or 3 days and relax in resort on remaining days
I have shortlisted following in decreasing order of budget:
1. LUX Belle Mare : Most expensive
2. LUX Grand Gaube
3. Le Meredian
6. Centara Post Lafayette
7. Intercontinental : Least expensive
Can you all be kind enough to help me decide the best for my requirements. Also if there is any other better option in this range missed by me, please recommend.
Thanks in advance