We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please Plan my trip

Mumbai...
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Please Plan my trip

Hi All Experts,

I am planning to visit Mauritius in March with 5 yr old daughter.

We like white sand beaches & lots of fishes to eat. & also need something that my daughter will like. Please tell us what all places can we visit ( 5 days), stay & get good food.? Please need your help for this ASAP so that I can do required booking

Merry Christmas & happy new year (in advance) to all of you.

Thanks

Debashree

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
43,350 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please Plan my trip

We dont plan trips - that what your travel agent is paid to do.

Check out yatra.com

makemytrip.com

thomascook India

Kuni India.

For things to do see

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions-g293816-Activi…

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g293816-c183802/Mau…

And a Merry Christmas to you too :-)

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
238 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please Plan my trip

Dear Debashree,

Mauritius is a very beautiful country. The people of Mauritius are very generous and helpful.

There are so many things to do in Mauritius. If you like white sand beach then it is advisable to stay somewhere in north of Mauritius. Mauritian food is so good and tempting, it is almost like Indian preparation.

I think with your 5 year old daughter the best thing to do in Mauritius will be the visit to Cassela Nature Park, there are so much to do here. Your daughter can interact with the tiger cubs, touch them, feel them.

You can go for Dolphin watch on an Catamaran. You can visit Ganga Talao an ancient Hindu Temple, Seven Colored earth and Chamarel Falls etc ( South West Region ). and then you may visit Ile Aux Cerfs Island tour with motor boat ride. ( East Region ).

There are a lot to do in Mauritius...

Have a great time.

Rgds,

Piyush.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
43,350 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please Plan my trip

Piyush Casela would be OK - the petting zoo - but big cat interaction is a no go - there's a height restriction and the child is 5 years old so not allowed.

Mumbai...
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please Plan my trip

Thanks Piyush...anything specific you can suggest for North Mauritius beach - white sand + green water , peach & beautiful ?

Anything specific you can suggest for stay 3/4 *?

Mumbai...
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please Plan my trip

HI Bronio, Sure, actually I wanted plan which is nothing but suggestion of good beaches /activities etc :)

Edited: 26 December 2013, 15:16
UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
43,350 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please Plan my trip

Good beaches - the link I gave you did include good beaches?

Pereyebere in the north has the best swimming especialy for kids but is small and gets packed in the holidays and weekends.

Choisy and Trou aux Biches in the north west have long beaches, also Flic en Flac in the west and Belle Mare in the east.

Beachcomber do good child friendy hotels.

Check out Le Victoria and Le Cannonier for a start in the north west and Le Mauricia in the north which is within walking distance of Grand Baie. All have great kids clubs.

http://www.beachcomber-hotels.com/

I trust this is of some help but you really do need to contact a travel agent as well - also set a budget and decide if you want AI HB or just BB.

Do note your child is too young for the big cat interaction as I said in my other post.

Edited: 26 December 2013, 15:30
Mentioned in this post
Belle Mare
Belle Mare
Mauritius
Grand Baie
Grand Baie
Mauritius
Mumbai...
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Please Plan my trip

Sure Thanks a lot ...let me research more...Happy New year in advance.

8. Re: Please Plan my trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 January 2014, 13:35
9. Re: Please Plan my trip

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 02 January 2014, 13:40
10. Re: Please Plan my trip

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2015, 07:21