We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please Help!! Can't decide on Hotel

New Delhi, India
3 posts
Save Topic
Please Help!! Can't decide on Hotel

Though you may have answered some of these questions probably a thousand times, but i really look forward to some advice here.

I'm planning honeymoon in April'14 in Mauritius and can't seem to be able to pick a hotel. I've looked at a lot of packages and hotel options (even read some suggestions on some of the forums). But here's what we want from a hotel:

1. We would prefer a hotel with great room, we are unlikely to be very active on water activities, will surely do bare minimum. Would define great as stylish/modern room and bathroom, view of sea and walking distance from the beach.

2. Would like it to be decently priced (neither high end nor budget ones) probably will settle for a 3* or 4*

3. We prefer mix of - quiet time together (but not isolated locations) and light outdoor activities. Also, confused between North, South and east part - which are the best?

4. Do hotels usually drop rates around that time (currently all prices listed are till March'14)?

5. what can I expect as my daily average expense (in MUR) to be like (covering meals, local sightseeing, transport etc for 2 people) - not concerned about pubs/drinks.

some options i've looked at are Pearle, Jalsa, Crystal, unfortunately have mixed feelings purely going by photos.

Hope I've confused you enough :)

Looking forward to hear from you!!! Have a great year!!!

Thanks in advance!!!

-Ankit

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
22,076 posts
2,003 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please Help!! Can't decide on Hotel

I would not judge hotels from photos but look at the TA reviews. You would be better of booking a package from a reputable Indian travel operator such as Yatra, Kuoni, Thomas Cook that includes flights, hotels, tours which tends to be good value for money.

New Delhi, India
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Please Help!! Can't decide on Hotel

Thank you Preston,

appreciate your response, I'm keeping an eye on packages and reviews and thats how I narrowed down on few I mentioned. But looking for an expert review to narrow it down further. Also, open to recommendations other regulars may have!!

New Delhi, India
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Please Help!! Can't decide on Hotel

Thank you Preston,

appreciate your response, I'm keeping an eye on packages and reviews and thats how I narrowed down on few I mentioned. But looking for an expert review to narrow it down further. Also, open to recommendations other regulars may have!!

4. Re: Please Help!! Can't decide on Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 December 2014, 06:18