We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blumarine,Le Mauricia or Maritim Hotel??

west midlands
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Blumarine,Le Mauricia or Maritim Hotel??

We are about to book our holiday to Mauritius after weeks of reading numerous reviews on this invaluable site.We want to fly on the new Dreamliner direct flight, which is only available with First Choice/Thomson. We wanted to stay near Gran Baie but the hotel options flying on the Dreamliner are for the north east coast only. We like the look of the Blumarine Attitude Hotel, after reading Bronias report, but were worried that it is too isolated.. We had originally narrowed our search down to Le Mauricia and the Maritim in the North, flying with Emirates. We would be so grateful for any advice before we book. Many thanks.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,005 posts
1,792 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blumarine,Le Mauricia or Maritim Hotel??

Maritim would be my choice but if you want to fly on the Dreamliner then your options are reduced.

west midlands
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blumarine,Le Mauricia or Maritim Hotel??

Thanks for your reply Preston. Have you stayed at the Maritim and if so is it much hassle to get to Gran Baie at night by taxi?

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
39,558 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blumarine,Le Mauricia or Maritim Hotel??

BlueMarine is actually closer to Grand Baie than Maritim is, though Mauricia is right in Grand Baie.

Le Mauricia's beach is small however because of its location, so bear that in mind.

I loved Blue Marine - its at Anse Le Raie and on the main bus route which is just across the road.

It takes around 15 minutes to drive into Grand Baie and taxis are available.

Maritim had a refurb a few years ago, Bluemarine just finished one and the Blumarine would be my choice out of these three.

BM has fabulous views of the northern isles.

Edited: 05 January 2014, 11:07
west midlands
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blumarine,Le Mauricia or Maritim Hotel??

Thanks so much Bronia. We were hoping you would help us with our decision! Do you think it is worth paying an extra £500 per person to stay in the Boutique section of the hotel? Many Thanks

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
39,558 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blumarine,Le Mauricia or Maritim Hotel??

I actually don't think its worth £500 pp.but that's just me probably.

It has its own pool, restaurant, massage area with great views, its very quiet and it has outdoor showers but its not worth £500 extra pp. :)

west midlands
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Blumarine,Le Mauricia or Maritim Hotel??

Thanks Bronia. Finally we are nearly ready to book. We are booking the Blumarine (not the boutique section) with First Choice for 2 weeks. We can travel from the end of April through to May. Would you recommend end of April or May for the weather? Many thanks again!

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
39,558 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Blumarine,Le Mauricia or Maritim Hotel??

I've been in Mauritius (just 10 minutes down the road from Anse) every March to May for a few years now and I think end of April to May is ideal.

I can certainly notice the difference between March and May - May the humidity and rain of summer has gone - so May would be perfect for you.

world-weather-travellers-guide.com/…May

west midlands
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Blumarine,Le Mauricia or Maritim Hotel??

Yipee. Finally booked! 4th May for 2 weeks at the Blumarine Hotel. Will write a report on the hotel to help others when we get back. Many thanks Bronia, you have been most helpful in our decision.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
39,558 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Blumarine,Le Mauricia or Maritim Hotel??

Have a lovely time!

Looking forward to your report back :-)

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Blumarine,Le Mauricia or Maritim Hotel??

Hi Bronia. We too are looking to book a 2-week family stay at the Blumarine Attitude. However, our stay will be late July/early August. We're a little concerned about the easterly winds at this time of year but are hoping that Blumarine's location on the island's north shore will minimise the impact. Do you agree?