We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Oberoi vs The St. Regis

dublin
Level Contributor
56 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
The Oberoi vs The St. Regis

Hello Experts,

Happy New Year ! It is about 10 years since last we visited Mauritius. We had a great times stayed at The Oberoi and still talked about our experiences since. We planning going back to Mauritius again this year and not sure will we stay at The Oberoi again or trying something new.

Since we are members of Starwood's loyalty programme SPG, I wondering should we try St. Regis Mauritius this time?

As part of it, we going to spend two weeks in the hotel, I found St. Regis has good few restaurants & bars . While at The Oberoi, (from memories) they only had one main restaurant. No doubt the food and services was top notch.

So I need your expertise, Oberoi or St. Regis ?

Many thanks in advance.

Mentioned in this post
The Oberoi, Mauritius
The Oberoi, Mauritius
1,631 Reviews
Mauritius
The St. Regis Mauritius Resort
The St. Regis Mauritius...
1,484 Reviews
Mauritius
Escale Creole
££ - £££, Cajun & Creole
Sunshine Fusion
£, Indian, Seafood, Asian
La Table du Chateau
££££, Seafood, French, Cajun & Creole
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
22,577 posts
2,164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Oberoi vs The St. Regis

If you had never been then I would opt for the Oberoi. The St Regis is a newer hotel and gets very good reviews. I have only seen it from the outside but looked very good. Just note its in the south, so when you go might be a factor.

Mentioned in this post
The Oberoi, Mauritius
The Oberoi, Mauritius
1,631 Reviews
Mauritius
dublin
Level Contributor
56 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Oberoi vs The St. Regis

Hi PrestonGuild,

Thank you for your messege.

I know it is still quite early, it is because we celebrating our 10th anniversary. That the reason why we back to Mauritius.

We planning going there on the 2nd week of the September, as you mention St. Regis located on the south:- be a good time of the year to visit?

Edited: 06 January 2014, 18:33
Mentioned in this post
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
22,577 posts
2,164 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Oberoi vs The St. Regis

September is when summer approaches but the early part of the month tends to favour the north and west.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
22,577 posts
2,164 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Oberoi vs The St. Regis

September is when summer approaches but the early part of the month tends to favour the north and west.

dublin
Level Contributor
56 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Oberoi vs The St. Regis

Cool, thanks

6. Re: The Oberoi vs The St. Regis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2015, 06:19