We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hi going to Mauritius 20th feb 2014

NE UK
Level Contributor
16 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
hi going to Mauritius 20th feb 2014

Hello my wife and i are going to the tamasa hotel south west Mauritius any tips for things to do im a diver and we like to get out and about may be hire a car what about flights to Madasgar ?

any addvice is more than welcome thanks ps is it best to get money changed in the uk or in resort ?

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,213 posts
1,638 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hi going to Mauritius 20th feb 2014

February is summer but the weather will be hot and humid. I understand that the hotel already has a dive centre so it might be worthwhile contacting them beforehand as to what kind of dives they have on offer.

If you look at the FAQs:Things to do in your right hand section of this page you will gets ideas of activities.

As for money I take sterling and exchange it to rupees at the arrival hall at the airport in Mauritius. They are always open. I also use debit cards to withdraw money from ATMs.

There are flights available to Madagascar from Mauritius from Air Mauritius for example.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
37,054 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hi going to Mauritius 20th feb 2014

Hi,

Air Mauritius fly to Antananarivo - average return fare around £325 (I put dates in February)

http://www.airmauritius.com/index_gb.htm

Re changing money - do at the airport as you get a better rate:

www.shibanifinance.com/pages/exchangerate.php

We recommend car hire but the one we generally advise is north based and you are south (not south west actually)

NE UK
Level Contributor
16 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hi going to Mauritius 20th feb 2014

many thanks

NE UK
Level Contributor
16 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hi going to Mauritius 20th feb 2014

ok thank you

5. Re: hi going to Mauritius 20th feb 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2015, 05:18