We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best area of Mauritius to be in May

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
206 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Best area of Mauritius to be in May

I am thinking of going to Mauritius in May and don't know what area would be best.

I would ideally like somewhere with calm seas but also able to swim in it, and somewhere that

isn't renown for being too windy, and also not too far from a town. Sounds like a lot to ask I

know but hope its achievable. Many thanks

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,884 posts
1,772 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best area of Mauritius to be in May

Generally anywhere tends to be fine in May. May tends to be without the humidity and heat of the preceding months.

Still the north and west of the island might be suitable for you. Depending on your budget take a look at the following hotels:

Maritim, Sugar Beach, Sands, Le Victoria, Le Mauricia, Oberoi, Merville Beach.

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
Level Contributor
18,734 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best area of Mauritius to be in May

Anywhere on the island is fine in May.

If you want to be near to a town then Grand Baie is probably your best bet. Many hotels in that area to choose from, some closer to the town than others.

Flic en Flac is a smaller place, much fewer shops etc., though perfectly adequate for me. It has a good beach several miles long, I love to walk the whole length The best hotels there are at least five minutes drive away.

3. Re: Best area of Mauritius to be in May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2015, 06:19