We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deep sea fishing at the maritim

Newtown Powys
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Deep sea fishing at the maritim

My partner and I are off to the Maritim on 1st August 2014 we live the sound of hotel, but i was wondering if they do fishing trips from the hotel or can I book one through them? Is it worth doing that or would I get a better trip sorting it out myself with someone else? Also I'm interested to know what I can expect to catch at that time of year?

Many thanks

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
42,760 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Deep sea fishing at the maritim

You could ask the concierge when you arrive or email them beforehand:

They also have an online concierge.

You could contact this company based at Grand Baie:

Also if you put deep sea fishing into the search box on this page you will find lots of older threads on this subject.

Marlin season in November to March.

Newtown Powys
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Deep sea fishing at the maritim

Thanks Bronia, I had checked the website but there was no info on fishing, I plan on emailing them near the time with a few other bits as well but I just wanted to see what was available before i asked them as this is my treat of the holiday!! my future wife will have the other 10 days for her treats!

3. Re: Deep sea fishing at the maritim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2015, 06:18
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question