We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LUX Grand Gaube OR Tamassa ???

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
LUX Grand Gaube OR Tamassa ???

Hi ,

I have planned to go to Mauritius on the 1st week of May on honeymoon for 7D/6N and have narrowed by search to LUX GRAND GAUBE and TAMASSA ( both on half board basis).. I m basically looking for a relaxing stay wid a 3 day trip around mauritius . So for the rest of da day i will be spending my time in and around the resort itself. With my budget , I am confused to select between beach room in TAMASSA or ocean view superior room in LUX GRAND GAUBE. I definitely want an ocean view room along with some privacy and less crowd . Being my 1st visit , I have no idea where these resorts are and which one would be better for the trip which i have planned. Both the resorts have good review over here and have almost the same amenities and facilities.

So please can anyone help ??

( PS : May be the weather will be same throughout but do consider)

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
4,895 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LUX Grand Gaube OR Tamassa ???

Hi Ravindra

The weather shouldn't be an issue in May. Lux Grand Gaube is situated on the north eastern coast while Tamassa is on the southern coast. My choice would probably be Tamassa as it is a newer resort. Both are situated away from major towns so you will need to travel if you want to get to town for shopping etc. I haven't stayed at either hotel so can't comment on the rooms unfortunately. Friends of ours stayed at Tamassa and enjoyed it very much.

Sorry I can't be more specific.

Regards

Dee

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: LUX Grand Gaube OR Tamassa ???

Hey Dee,

Thanks for the info... Any kind of help is appreciated...

Ravindra

Pune, India
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: LUX Grand Gaube OR Tamassa ???

Hi Ravindra,

I was in same dilemma as you a few months ago and I selected Tamassa.

Although I have not yet travelled so cant give you a first hand feedback but my decision was based on all reviews, comments and feedback from friends who have been there.

However if you plan to have most of the meals at resort itself and you are a moderate drinker I would recommend to consider an All Inclusive package instead of Half board. Obviously I dont know the price difference but you can explore that with your travel agent.

Have a nice holiday !

Thanks

Tarun

4. Re: LUX Grand Gaube OR Tamassa ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 04 February 2014, 15:57
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: LUX Grand Gaube OR Tamassa ???

Hi Tarun ,

Thanks for the help...since u opted to stay in Tamassa , I would like to know if you have any info regarding whether their standard or superior room have ocean view...I have chosen the beach room for this criteria only...Also are you travelling through a tour operator ?? I have been getting quotes from "Antilog Vacations " which is the cheapest of the lot and also has good reviews over here for their Mauritius package ... But having more options would certainly help..

Cheers ,

Ravindra

Pune, India
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: LUX Grand Gaube OR Tamassa ???

As per their claims all rooms have ocean view however it is obvious that rooms closer to the beach will have better ocean views compared to rooms further inside. A lot of people suggest rooms by the beach for this reason and indeed they are priced differently. However I dont think there is much difference in the rooms apart from the views, these deluxe rooms have some extra amenities/facilities with I wont bother about but view is definitely worth considering.

I have booked with TUI. Had no idea on Antilog vacations till I came on this forum. I had quotes from TUI, Makemytrip, Kesari and a few others.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
32 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: LUX Grand Gaube OR Tamassa ???

I am going with Lux Grand Gaube. Got a good deal on the hotel. I am going there in July, halfboard.

The reviews of Grand Gaube seem to really tempting. I also spoke to a few friends who stayed there and were very happy.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: LUX Grand Gaube OR Tamassa ???

Hi ...

Seems its really very tough to chose either between the two looking by the above posts...Hoping someone sheds more light on this matter...neways wanted to know if AI package in Tamassa is worth considering keeping in mind me and ma fiancee are more of a casual drinker and it would be better that snacks and drinks on the beaches would be covered up... i guess we can upgrade to AI from half board after we reach over dere...

Thanks

Ravindra

Edited: 06 February 2014, 20:36
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
178 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: LUX Grand Gaube OR Tamassa ???

So what did u decide ? And any recommendations on travel agent . Thaanks

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
32 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: LUX Grand Gaube OR Tamassa ???

I finally went with Lux Grand Gaube. Very happy overall. I have written a detailed review(which is under review) which should show up on tripadvisor soon.

The only major issue is that it is towards the north side which means long airport transfer (1.5 hours).

Travel Agent : I went with SOTC in bangalore. Happy overall!

I initially paid an advance to Antilog vacations which I completely lost. Antilog is a fairly shady operator. You can read my experience with them here: tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic-g293816-i9265-k6969…