We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ambre Hotel Question

Exmouth, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Ambre Hotel Question

Good evening all. My husband & I are booked on a 2 week all inclusive package to the Ambre in May. We are very much looking forward to it.

Obviously luggage allowances are somewhat limited, so I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether this hotel supplies towels for the pool and beach areas, to save us having to bring with us?

We would also like to hire a car for a few days to get out and explore. Would we be able to take towels with us if we plan to visit another beach somewhere on the island?

Thanks in advance.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,503 posts
1,861 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ambre Hotel Question

All the hotels I have been to provide towels for the pool and beach as well.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
41,028 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ambre Hotel Question

Ambre provides towels and no problem taking them to other beaches - just don't lose them! ;)

Teignmouth, United...
Level Contributor
489 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ambre Hotel Question

Concorde62, HI! - we're in Teignmouth and are going in November for two weeks...

Good question...

Beach towels here: ebrochure.sunresortsmauritius.com/ambre/en/…

I've never had a problem taking beach towels off resort (suitably concealed)... there is probably a card system in place.. lose a card/towel.. pay the price of replacement...

Look forward to your report on this hotel..

ATB,J.

Exmouth, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ambre Hotel Question

Thanks to you all, that is really useful to know and saves us a little extra room in the suitcases!

Waving to merseygull across the estuary!! - we are very excited at our upcoming holiday, hopefully I will be able to answer all your questions when we get back! :)

Edenvale, South...
Level Contributor
1,091 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ambre Hotel Question

They definitely supply towels. You get one towel card per person and you can refresh your towels as many times as needed during the day. By the end of the holiday you need to hand the towel card back to reception when you check out, or you will be charged for the towels.

When we stayed there in January we hired scooters for the day and took our towels with us without a problem.

Enjoy your stay at Ambre - we certainly did :)

Exmouth, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ambre Hotel Question

That's brilliant DrewK! Thank you.

Which accommodation block would you recommend for us to request? We don't want to be too close to the noise, but would like to be close enough not to walk miles to facilities, preferably with a sea view - is there any block/area that is better than others?

Mauritius
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Ambre Hotel Question

Hi, you will be provided with a card per person when checking in.you may exchange the card for a towel at a kiosque located on the beach.you will get your card back when bringing back the towel.you may ask for a fresh towel at any time of the day.you are allowed to bring the towel w ith you wherever you go.however, you will be charged a fee in case of loss.regards. B.

Edenvale, South...
Level Contributor
1,091 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ambre Hotel Question

We stayed in the last block on the south side of the resort (rooms 803, 804 and 807) near the spa. You could hear no noise from the restaurants/bars/etc. It was about a 5 minute walk from the main reception area, but we always enjoy a stroll after all the food we eat!! There are some blocks on the south side slightly closer to reception which would also have no noise, but I afraid I do not know the room numbers there. I also have no knowledge of the rooms on the north side of reception. You could send them an email requesting these rooms before your arrival, and also requesting a sea view. The sea view will depend on which type of room you purchased I suppose too.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
41,028 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ambre Hotel Question

When we stayed we stayed in the block furthest away from reception - Drew is that north or south?

I think north?

They originally gave us a room on the side nearest reception and it had no balcony just a large picture window so we complained ang got moved.

One thing to beware of - the lack of balconies in some rooms.

Edenvale, South...
Level Contributor
1,091 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ambre Hotel Question

Hi Bronia, I think the end blocks on both sides are probably the same distance away from reception. The south side is to the right if you are standing at reception and looking towards the sea. We were on the right side, right behind the spa, but could see the sea from Room 807 which was on the first floor. We did have a balcony. My children were in the other 2 rooms which were on ground floor, one facing the sea and the other facing the garden (actually more like the property behind the hotel!) None of the rooms were noisy though. Definitely all the rooms in the block we were in had balconies, but there are some rooms which don't - I have just checked my photos! They seem to be the rooms closer to reception.

I'm very envious that you will be back in Mauritius in a couple of weeks - it is one of my most favourite places, but unfortunately we only manage to get there every couple of years! Enjoy!!