We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mauritius Long Beach alternatives - August?

Mauritius Long Beach alternatives - August?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2014, 22:42
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,385 posts
1,663 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mauritius Long Beach alternatives - August?

Look at the Sugar beach on the west coast and Maritim in the north west of the island.

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
4,895 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mauritius Long Beach alternatives - August?

Elsie, that's a tough ask as the Long Beach is one of the newest hotels on the island with a very different look and feel to most other hotels. You'll need to look in the north, north west or west if you want to be close to a town. Try Beachcomber's Trou aux Biche resort which may appeal to you. beachcomber-hotels.com/hotel/trou-aux-biches… I'm not sure what is within easy walking distance but you could easily get the bus into Grand Baie.

In Grand Baie itself you could look at Le Mauricia which isn't a 5 star but has a fantastic position in the centre of town. beachcomber-hotels.com/hotel/le-mauricia.html

All good hotels have plenty of activities and entertainment included in your stay so no need to worry about that.

Good luck with your search.

Dee

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
37,617 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mauritius Long Beach alternatives - August?

Another vote for Trou aux Biches.

Its a great hotel in a great location - within walking distance or restaurants, bars, shops, local tour operators and two supermarkets.

The bus stops outside and its a 15 minute drive to Grand Baie.

It was completely rebuilt recently and I loved it when I looked round - a good hotel.

Sugar Beach to me is nice enough but doesnt have the "wow" factor that TAB has.

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
150 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mauritius Long Beach alternatives - August?

I'm currently at the Trou aux Biches Resort. The grounds are breathtaking, beautiful rooms with one of the best bathrooms i've ever had in a hotel. Also the rainshowers (inside and outside) have very good pressure. Pools very nice and also never crowded. Food also pretty good (buffet soso, thai and indian restaurant excellent). Also nice spa, good sport facilities. Service is pretty good except for lunch. I'll be writing a more detailed review when i get back but hope this helps. Ps sorry for the grammer, sitting at the pool and typing with my mobile. Cheers

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
4,895 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mauritius Long Beach alternatives - August?

Thanks so much for the "live" update from pool side. Makes me green with envy - LOL. Enjoy the rest of your holiday!!!

Edenvale, South...
Level Contributor
997 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mauritius Long Beach alternatives - August?

I'm also envious!! We spent our honeymoon at TAB some 22 years ago, and even then, it was wonderful!!

7. Re: Mauritius Long Beach alternatives - August?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2014, 22:42
Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
4,895 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mauritius Long Beach alternatives - August?

According to their website they have live entertainment every night in one of the bars. I've stayed at three other Beachcomber resorts which all offered similar nightly entertainment which we enjoyed. There will be definitely be a sega show which is a local dance, probably an Indian dance show, a cabaret dance show plus other entertainment, and either a live band playing or a DJ every evening after the dance show is finished. One of my favourite evenings in Mauritius was at Le Victoria hotel when they had a superb acapella group singing one night. Entertainment is low key and usually ends by 11ish at the latest.

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
150 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mauritius Long Beach alternatives - August?

Evening entertainment consists of Dance Shows, DJs, live acts/singers, fire show etc. After dinner most people go to the bar for a drink or two, so you will definitely not be sitting by yourself there.

Btw, thanks DeeCapeTown

Edited: 09 April 2014, 14:45
10. Re: Mauritius Long Beach alternatives - August?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 11 April 2015, 05:16