We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boutique All Inclusive Mauritius Suggestions Appreciated!

York
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Boutique All Inclusive Mauritius Suggestions Appreciated!

Hello, my wife and I are looking to go to Mauritius for two weeks at the end of June and are really struggling to pick a resort/hotel. Ideally we would have liked to stop at The Oberoi or Le Touessrock but these only offer half board and cost the earth...! We prefer smaller boutique type hotels (preferably adults only) and need to get it right this year after a couple of disasters the last few years! I've heard the west coast is warmer and less windy this time of year?

One option we've been given is the Heritage le Telfair but it's at the top of our budget and I've been told the south coast is not as nice as the rest?

All suggestions greatly appreciated :-)

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
5,590 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boutique All Inclusive Mauritius Suggestions Appreciated!

Hi there

Have you had a look at this topic under the FAQ section on the right of the page? You may find what you are looking for there.

The north and west are warmer and less windy than the east and south during the winter months.

Regards

Dee

York
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Boutique All Inclusive Mauritius Suggestions Appreciated!

Thanks Dee... I'm not very technical! Will have a look thanks :-)

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
5,590 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boutique All Inclusive Mauritius Suggestions Appreciated!

No problem - it takes time to find all the info hidden on TA!

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
42,053 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boutique All Inclusive Mauritius Suggestions Appreciated!

If you cant find it heres the link:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293816-i9265-k6…

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,388 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boutique All Inclusive Mauritius Suggestions Appreciated!

Hi

Paradise Cove - in the North? - is an adult only boutique which is very reasonable.

Karla

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
42,053 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boutique All Inclusive Mauritius Suggestions Appreciated!

Boutique hotels not accepting children:

Paradise Cove at Anse La Raie in the north - lovely rooms following the refurb.

20 Degree Sud at Pointe aux Cannoniers near Grand Baie

The adult only wing at BluMarine at Anse La Raie.

Ambre and Meridien Nirvana arent really boutique hotels but are child free,

London
Level Contributor
536 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boutique All Inclusive Mauritius Suggestions Appreciated!

If you were hoping for the Oberoi or Toursseroc, I don't think you'll be happy with Awali!

I spent a fortnight there last January and the service levels and food were, to be kind, not 5 star (and certainly not boutique on any level!)

Otherwise I have little advice on actual hotels I'm afraid, have you thought however of trimming your days in order to extend your per night budget?

Trimming it down to 10-12 days may allow you to go somewhere more along the lines of what you were hoping, or indeed make a superior option on half board work out as cost effective.

This is what we're doing this year, 12 nights instead of 14, which whilst still a bit more expensive provides a Deluxe room at the Shandrani over the Awali

Is rather 12 days of somewhere were you think you're getting the experience you're after and good value for money, than 14 somewhere you feel is a bit of a let down

Edited: 11 April 2014, 06:46
8. Re: Boutique All Inclusive Mauritius Suggestions Appreciated!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2015, 05:16