We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mauritius v Thailand June honeymoon

Manchester, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
Mauritius v Thailand June honeymoon

My fiancé and I are getting married June 2015 and are planning on going straight on our honeymoon.

We went to Trialfinders today who have given us prices for 3 hotels but wesimply cannot choose which location would be best for us.

Weather wise both are fine as is the travelling. If we went to Mauritius, we would stop over in Dubai or Abu Dhabi for 2 days and if Thailand, it would be Bangkok.

Price wise, they're both very similar however Mauritius does offer an all inclusive option which is of course very appealing and costs around£700 extra.

The hotels we've selected are as follows:

Paradise Cove Hotel in Mauritius:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g488100-d3167…

Bo Phut Resort and Spa in Koh Samui:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g1179396-d569…

Or Haad Tien Beach Resort in Koh Tao:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g303910-d1494…

We'd be grateful if you have any guidance whatsoever, thank you in advance.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
40,055 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mauritius v Thailand June honeymoon

Hi Sophie,

Its a while since I was in Thailand - we visited Bangkok and Hua Hin and liked it very much - stayed at the Marriot Hotels.

I see you posted on Thailand as well so hopefully you'll get responses there.

Both are very different resorts. Thailand is much cheaper - hotels, food and drink particularly so.

Note that Dubai in June is very hot and very humid - you really can't walk around much then as its far too uncomfortable. Having said that Dubai does cater very well for this with its AC Malls, chilled pools and even AC bus stops. The sea is very warm though like a hot bath and not ideal for swimming in summer.

Paradise Cove is a lovely little adults only boutique resort at Anse La Raie which is around a 15 minute drive to the resort towns of Pereybere and Grand Baie. Its not within walking distance of anywhere but the bus stops outside and taxis are always accessible.

II visited the hotel just before and after its refurb and the rooms do look lovely now.

They also added another pool.

I did a mini review with photos here:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g488100-d3…

Good to see its been getting some very good reviews.

So yes Paradise Cove is worth thinking about :)

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,195 posts
1,819 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mauritius v Thailand June honeymoon

We did Bangkok and Phuket about 5 years ago in fact we added in Dubai as well. We went in Feb which was a good time of the year to go. In Thailand you can get 5 star hotels for reasonable prices in Bangkok but I would do more research regarding weather for the island part of Thailand at that time of the year.

Paradise Cove is a good hotel and AI is seriously worth considering and for the Dubai leg you should be looking to get a good hotel on a special Half Board deal.

However do not confine yourself to Trailfinders and shop around. Try Destinology, netflights, best@travel.

uk
Level Contributor
2,686 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mauritius v Thailand June honeymoon

Hi I can't help with the Mauritius part yet, but I have visited the Bo Phut resort here is link to my review

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g1179396-d…

It is a lovely hotel I really liked it the rooms are huge and the bathrooms are massive !

I did not care for Bankgok one bit, I thought it dirty and seedy would not go again.

Dubai very hot, but all the Malls are air conditioned and are open to very late so you can go in the evening when cooler.

As I have been both to Dubai and Bangkok I would choose Dubai/Mauritius , if it was me.

Deb

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
122 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mauritius v Thailand June honeymoon

Hello

I have been to Thailand approx. fifteen times over the years and Mauritius twice. If it was my honeymoon I would choose Mauritius every time. Last June I stayed at The Sands Resort and loved every minute. Going back 2015 can't wait

Regards

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
Level Contributor
19,021 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mauritius v Thailand June honeymoon

Mauritius with a short stop in Dubai wins hands down for me especially for a honeymoon. (Dubai is too hot and humid in June)

I've been to Thailand a couple of times, Phuket, Hua Hin and Chiang Mai which we loved, felt the same as seska about Bangkok, some fabulous palaces and temples but dirty, seedy and smelly, not helped by street food stalls in abundance.

6. Re: Mauritius v Thailand June honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2015, 05:15