We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Balaclava (Oberoi) local area

cheshire
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Balaclava (Oberoi) local area

Hi,

Could anyone tell me if there are any restaurants and shops within walking distance of the Oberoi hotel? If not, how far are the closest restaurants?

Boyfriend and I have 2 weeks booked there Oct 2015 and I'm starting to worry now that we are going to be restricted for eating out in the evening (doesn't matter so much in the day as we will spend days out exploring the island).

Is there a bus from walking distance to the Oberoi, to other areas where we can eat out at night? Are taxi's an option? Are they reliable, safe and reasonably priced?

I'm hoping there must be some way of eating out, as the Oberoi does not do AI and I believe only has two restaurants.

Thanks

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
43,278 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Balaclava (Oberoi) local area

Nothings changed since you last asked this question:

tripadvisor.co.uk/…56985183

cheshire
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Balaclava (Oberoi) local area

Hi Bronia,

Thanks for the reply. I'm still not sure whether there are any restaurants, shops (or hotels whose restaurants we could dine at) within walking distance of the Oberoi. Are you aware of any that we could visit? I'm aware there are towns that are within close driving distance but it would just be nice to not have to drive out every night in order to dine out.

Are the restaurants in Pointe aux Piments within walking distance of the Oberoi? They look a good half hours walk away but it's difficult to tell on the map!

Thanks

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
22,446 posts
2,106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Balaclava (Oberoi) local area

There really is nothing within walking distance. Hotels such as Oberoi and Maritim are isolated and you will need a cab.

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
Level Contributor
19,172 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Balaclava (Oberoi) local area

Oberoi is isolated. You will need to either take a taxi or have a hire car to get to restaurants, shops etc.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
43,278 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Balaclava (Oberoi) local area

The restaurants at Pointe aux Piments are not within walking distance of the Oberoi.

In fact nothing is within walking distance of the Oberoi as already stated above.

6. Re: Balaclava (Oberoi) local area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2015, 06:16